Chapter VII

Hannah Kefka was a stay at home mom but occasionally her and her husband would go out for the night or do other adult like things. Normally Krista would be the one to babysit young Mina Carolina but on one particular Friday when Franz had a work party that Hannah was also invited to, Krista was ill. So the Kefka's asked Eren and Levi to babysit which they agreed to.

"Just keep her out of trouble until bed time at seven, there is macaroni and cheese in the cupboard, it's her favorite. Don't hesitate to call if you have any problems or questions," Hannah said to Eren as she grabbed her purse.

Franz was waiting at the door and Levi was already with Mina. She was playing with his ears again which he was surprisingly not that annoyed by.

"And thank you, both of you, again so much for doing this," she said heading for the door.

"Of course Mrs. Kefka we're glad to help, don't worry about a thing," Eren said, smiling at the couple.

Franz nods and Hannah smiles gratefully at him then looks at her daughter.

"Goodbye sweetie, be good and listen when they ask you to do something, okay?"

"Bye mommy, bye daddy!" Mina squealed, waving to her parents.

Once they leave Eren joins the other two in the living room.

"So Mina, what do you want to do first?" He asked her.

She thought about this for a second while holding onto a small handful of Levi's hair.

"Let's play with play-dough!" She said excitedly.

They locate the play-dough and take it to the kitchen table. Mina gets right to work making something. Eren made some generic shapes, play-dough has a different consistency than clay so he was kinda at a loss of what to do. Levi just sat and watched them.

"Mr. Kitty do you like eating play-dough? I do! Mom tells me not to but I like the taste a lot," Mina said to Levi.

"I've never eaten play-dough lots of people touch it. It's not sanitary," he responded.

"San-it-tar-y?" She repeated, confused.

"Not clean," Eren clarified for her.

"Oh yeah, Miss Kitty told me Kitties like to be clean."

"Krista?" Eren asked.

"Yes, Miss Kitty is nice, she likes to talk about Miss Mean Kitty who lives Miss Quiet Kitty. They both live with Miss Annie. I like Miss Kitty and Mr. Kitty the best because they're nice, but don't tell Miss Mean Kitty she scares me," she explained grinning at Levi.

Eren also smiled at Levi, amused by the little girl's comments.

"Here try some," Mina said handing Levi a little piece of play-dough.

He reluctantly took it and put it in his mouth. Immediately his face scrunched up and he gagged a little trying to swallow it. Mina and Eren laughed at this. Levi glared at them but didn't stay mad for long.

After they finished, Eren went to the kitchen to make dinner which made Mina was very happy to be having her favorite food. She danced around the kitchen and the rest of the apartment while Eren was cooking. Levi kept an eye on her following on all fours. It looked kind of weird at first but Levi was small and hardly ever wore shoes so he was able to move quite well like that.

Eren found the scene incredibly adorable and fun to watch as he cooked. After a few minutes she stopped and went to grab something from out of the hallway closet. This girl sure has a lot of energy, Eren thought smiling. Kinda reminds me of Hanji in a way. The item Mina took brought out was a small, ten key, kids keyboard.