Chapter 25 Making promises

I'm standing on the porch waiting for Marshall to pick me up. I feel really happy, after yesterday I feel generally happy, I found a guy I'm crazy about, my relationship with Rachel is really good and I have some good friends around me. It's strange because I really liked David and I thought I couldn't be crazier about a guy but I was wrong, because I'm even crazier about Marshall. I see Marshall's car and I walk towards it and I get in, he doesn't say anything, he just grabs my neck and kisses me, I'm really surprised about him being that spontaneous so I smile against his lips, normally he says hi before he kisses me but not today.
"How was your day?" He asks me as he breaks the kiss.
"It was okay. How about yours?" I ask him. My school day felt really long because I've been so excited for our plans today.
"Boring." He just says. I know Marshall hates his job but he has to do something to earn some money. I know how badly he wants to be a rapper and I really hope that someone discovers his talent one day. We get home and Debbie is already dressed up ready to go.
"Hi." She says with a smile as we walk in the door. She's smiling to me? "There's leftovers in the fridge." She tells us.
"Cool." Marshall just says and sits down on the floor with Nate.
"It's not gonna be late." She says before walking out of the door but that's always what she says and she ends up coming hope late anyways. I sit down on the floor with Nate and Marshall, they're drawing and I look at Nate's drawing.
"What are you drawing sweetie?" I ask him in a kind tone.
"A truck." He says completely caught up in his drawing.
"Do you like trucks?" I ask him and he just nod his head. I look over at Marshall's drawing and I see he has begin to draw a face, wow that's really good..
"Who are you gonna draw?" I ask him.
"Wait and see." He just tells me not even making eye contact, actually it's kind of the same response I got from Nate so they must be really concentrated. I grab a paper myself and begin to draw and we all sit in complete silence and draw, it's actually really nice. When you become older you never do such thing as drawing anymore but sitting with kids gives you the time to do that and I I like that. I begin to draw a tree, I always liked drawing trees when I was little. I get so caught up in my own drawing and there's complete silence, the only words there are spoken is when me and Nathan ask each other for colors. I have no idea how long we sit here but suddenly I look over at Marshall's drawing and recolonize the girl he's drawing, it's me. He has talent and how come I didn't know he was that good at drawing?
"Wow you're amazing." I say and he looks up with a smirk.
"You weren't suppose to look." He says.
"Sorry." I say with a smile.
"I'm hungry." Nathan then says.
"Aright buddy, lets make some food then." Marshall says.
"Let me do it." I say as I get up before him. I want him to finish that drawing and I know pretty well that he won't do that if he gets distracted.
"You really don't need to do that babe." He says.
"I want to." I say as a go to the kitchen. I take out the leftovers from the fridge and begin to heat it up. After a while Marshall wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck, then he hold the drawing up in front of me to look at it.
"What do you think?" He asks me. It's simply amazing, he has drawn me with a smile, it looks like the smile I always get when I look at him or think of him, it's so amazing how he has drawn my face structure so precisely.
"It's amazing." I say as i turn around and kiss him. "How come you haven't told me that you can draw?" I then ask.
"You never asked." He chuckles and kisses my lips again.
After we've ate we sit down on the couch watching cartoons and Nathan sits on Marshall's lap when he suddenly asks - "Is Amelia your girlfriend?" Marshall looks at me with a grin, I don't think non of us knows how to answer that question because non of us have talked about what we are.
"Do you want her to be my girlfriend?" Marshall asks Nathan.
"She's nice." Nathan says like I'm not there and he just keeps starting at the TV.
"She sure is." Marshall says and Nathan doesn't ask again which kinda bothers me, because I would really like to know what we are, are we just dating or are we a couple? Nathan falls asleep on Marshall's lap and he carries him to bed and a couple of minutes after he comes back and joins me on the couch.
"He's so cute." I tell Marshall.
"Yeah he's gonna break some hearts someday." He says with a smirk and I learn my head on his chest. We just sit there and watch cartoons, I don't know why we're still watching it when Nathan is not here but we just do. I don't care what we watch because I don't pay attention, the only thing I pay attention to is the way Marshall gently moves his hand on my arm. "What are you planing to do when you graduate?" He asks me.
"I don't know." I say honestly. I'm still unsure if I'm gonna go back to New York. I don't know how I feel when that time comes because I really like it here, but New York is my home and I grew up here, so for me to say that I don't consider going back there would be a lie.
"Are you gonna go back to New York?" He asks me.
"I don't know yet." I tell him honestly.
"If you should choose now would you then go back to New York?" He asks me. What's with him? Why is he asking me all these questions? If I had to choose right now then yes I would go back to New York, I know I've growing some feelings for Marshall and all, but my friends are in New York and I liked school better in New York, I feel so miserable here.
"Why are you asking be that?" I ask him now moving away from him to look at him.
"Why can't you just answer my question?" He asks with an angry look on his face.
"Because I don't wanna upset you." I tell him and I immediately want to take my words back knowing exactly what I said. It wasn't my intention to let him know that I actually want to go back to New York because I knew he would get angry.
"So you wanna go home to New York?" He asks me making sure.
"It's my home." I tell him trying to make him understand.
"So if you got the chance then you would pack up your things right now and go back to New York?" He asks me. I really don't know how to talk myself out of this one because I can tell that he's really angry.
"It's not gonna happen." I tell him.
"But if it did?" He asks me.
"Marshall I don't know okay?"
"It makes sense, then you could go back to your old boyfriend and everything would be perfect." He says. Omg, is he serious? I have a lot more feelings for him than I ever had for David.
"Are you serious Marshall?" I ask him even though I know damn feel that he's not kidding.
"Why the fuck am I even wasting my time on you when you're just gonna go back to New York when you graduate?" He asks me and I'm so taken back by his anger. I've only been in Detroit for 4 months and I don't even know where me and Marshall is in our "relationship" in 1½ year.
"Marshall I've only been here for fucking 4 months so of course I miss New York! I have no idea how things are between us at the time a graduate!" I say with an frustrated tone.
"So you miss David?" He asks me. My god, this is his jalousie talking and it's so crazy how he can twist my words. I need to turn this around in some way because I can't handle him being like this, he's being so intimidating and so strong in his words.
"No I don't Marshall, I like you more than I ever liked David." I admit.
"When I really start to like a chick, I.. you know.. can't explain it, I just attach myself to her and if you're planing on leaving my ass anyways then tell me." He tells me and he sounds so vulnerable, he sounds so insecure which doesn't look like the Marshall I've got to know so far. I know I have to really careful with my words right now because right now he thinks that I'm leaving Detroit as soon as I graduate which I of course can't promise I won't, but right now I need to promise him that I won't.
"I'm not leaving, not if I have to leave you here." I tell him which makes him learn over and kiss me, right away the kiss escalates and suddenly he lays me down with him on top of me and we're making out. I feel bad that I just promised him something that I'm not sure that I can keep, but I didn't wanna lose him and I already know him well enough that if I didn't promise him this, then he would end it with me and I'm not ready for that. Eventually we have to stop the make out session because his mom can be home in any minute, so we just cuddle on the couch but as I expected Debbie doesn't show up and Marshall promised to drive me home, because I refuse to go home alone at this time but he can't just leave Nate here, so I call Lucas to ask him if he can pick me up and luckily it's no problem. I give Marshall a long kiss before I head out to Lucas' car.
"You gotta be careful sis." Lucas says after a while. Careful with what?
"What do you mean?" I ask him.
"Kim is dying to rip your ass apart." Lucas tells me. I kinda expected it, Marshall doesn't talk about her other than when he meets her then he tells me how they're arguing. I just wonder why she's so angry with me? Very few people knows about me and Marshall, so what does their break up got to do with me?
"Why? I mean very few people knows about us." I share my concern with him.
"She ain't stupid man." Lucas grins and I just look out of the window, I'm not afraid of Kim but I know she's just as insane as I am and I know she ain't giving up without a fight.
"I'm not afraid of her." I just tell Lucas coldly.
"You should be man, that bitch is insane." Lucas tells me.