What is expected

I woke up , yawning loudly

y as l stretched my muscles.

I opened my eyes still in my large comfy bed.

I then remembered what happened and felt a little afraid. Im l really ready to become such an important person. She said that l could change the world and make it better .

But how am l supposed to do that?. Would l still turn out like my mother. I couldn't take the chance.

Could l ?

The sound of glass hitting the kitchen counter broke my thought away my tormenting thoughts .

I scrambled off the bed and headed towards the kitchen to find Joseph pouring himself a rather large glass of whiskey. Really now?. I sighed heavily as l walked towards him.

"Joseph you cant give up , please don't turn to this . Your better than this."

I said with sympathy.

He just turned his head to glance carelessly and turn back around again continuing pouring his drink. " Have you still not heard anything?" I said in a small voice. His face grimaced at the memory, l could tell he was broken. We all were.

"We were supposed to be a family" He said as l watched a single tear roll of his cheek. He then walked to the living room and sat down o the sofa drink in hand as l followed him. " Joseph please dont do this to yourself. We will get him back. He is our child. We will find him and get him back. Its just going to take a while." I said tears also forming in my eyes. Truth is l didn't know how to feel, Ajax could be at the other side of the world by now. "Did you not even get a scent?" I asked hoping he or anyone else did. His silenced though made it even worse. I already knew his answer deep down.

" I cant do this anymore Sophie"

He said sternly. "No dont say that, we can all do this together. Please Joseph dont keep all of these emotions hidden and build up. You need to tell me stuff and let me help you. You are such an incredible man. I have al faith in you , you will find Ajax.You cant do it for this family."

my tears were falling freely now that l spoke my mind.

I didnt see me in the future. I knew l couldn't help anyone.

I couldn't be the hero in this one. I was useless. All l heard was a grunt in response. But to be honest l think Joseph couldn't even talk in his drunk state.

His body was swaying from side to side.

"Okay, joseph l think l need to take you to bed. Come on"

I said not waiting for an answer as l held his wast and put one of his arms around my neck. His body was heavy from his lack of control as l could tell he had alot already before l found him. I pushed forward my hardest trying to not fall or trip while holding Joseph. We finally got to Josephs bedroom door but when l was about to open it he spoke swaying in the process.

"No"

. I stopped in my tracks. "What do you mean?".

"I dont want to go to my bed"

He said finally taking control a little and motioning his head towards my room. I sighed.

Why would he even want to go to my bed.

My cheeks heated up at the thought.

Snap out of it Sophie.

I just continued walking until l got to one of the sides of the bed and let Joseph slip down me onto the bed without effort. He then curled up on the bed and closed his eyes. "Goodnight Joseph" I said tiredly walking out the door. "Stop!" He said once l was out the room. Dahm!, he's a fast talker for a drunk person. I looked at him again laughing a little at his attempt to tap the other side of the bed motioning me to go next to him. "No Joseph, just go to sleep" I said laughing at his grinning face, his face fell though once l spoke those words. I was about to turn around again when he spoke " No funny business l swear Sophie. I just want to talk before l crash" He said chuckling. I was hesitant so l walked back into the room. Wondering what he wanted to talk about. Did he know about Eve. Did Dillon tell him l asked about her. I don't even think l was supposed to tell anyone l knew about her. I laid down on the bed facing Josephs grinning face in the process. Wow . He really is drunk. He was tearing up not long ago and now he looked like he won the lottery. I gave a weak smile feeling sorry for him. This wouldn't last forever, l knew that for sure.