Chapter 16

Alpha's Claim 16

I looked around the dining room of the pack house and was astonished at how beautiful the place was. I couldn't understand why the Luna and Alpha had to go through such lengths just to tell my parents. The dining room was beautiful with the way they had set it up. The table was stretched out across the whole dining room and decorations lined the tables and walls. It was really beautiful, I had no words.

Tears came to my eyes at how accepting the Alpha and Luna were towards me. I was fortunate to grow up with everyone who were so supporting.

"Why are you crying?" Derrick asked grabbing my cheeks in his hands.

"It's just, "I said not knowing how to respond, "I love your parents."

"Oh wow what about me?" He asked jokingly but the atmosphere had gotten awkward. I didn't love him yet but I sure as hell had some type of feeling for him.

"Hey have the twins found their mate?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

"No, I don't think so why?"

"Well when I asked Liam if they had found their mate his voice changed."

"What if his mate were the twins?" Derrick asked.

"No it couldn't be. He said his mate is Maddison." I said.

"Well Liam is my Beta and would it be so wrong if they were?" Derrick asked kissing the side of my neck.

"Obviously not but I'm sure Liam would have told me." I said narrowing my eyes, right? after all I'm his twin.

"So when are they coming for dinner?"

"At five since Liam will be out of school and my mom will be home from work and my dad wont have to watch the border.

"I thought we shouldn't tell anyone." He mocked.

"Really?"I said giving him a look,"I just didn't want your parents to view me as a bed partner just like those other girls. I respect your parents to make sure they know I don't sleep around since your the only person I have been with!"

"Really?" He questioned looking surprised.

"Yeah unfortunately."I sighed joking, getting slightly offended that he thought I slept with Chris but then again I slept with him and he wasn't even my boyfriend.

He growled but I chuckled, " Well I know I slept with you but you should know I'm not easy. I only slept with you because I use to like you and you have my ideal man type."

"Do I now?" He chuckled licking across my neck.

"Eww you're like a dog." I chuckled watching him pout. "What time is it?"

"Uhm It's three o'clock so everyone should be getting off school."

"Let's go to your room before people get here." I exclaimed grabbing his arm.

"Are you embarrassed of me?" He asked acting offended.

"Of course I am!" I chuckled watching him narrow his eyes before chasing me across the house.

I turned the corner and ran into someone."Oh sorry!"I said looking up to see Chris."Hey."

"Hey how are you?"

"I'm good, congratulations on finding your mate. Where is she?"

He smiled slightly,"Thanks and she went to her house. You know when I was with-"

I cut him off,"It's over now so you don't need to apologize."

"I do."He replied grabbing my arm. When Derrick appeared his hand dropped from my arm,"Hey."

"We're mates."Derrick said wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Oh."He said like he didn't acknowledge what Derrick just said. He excused himself giving us one last look as he left, Derrick looked at me as we walked into Derrick's room to watch TV and I was surprised he didn't talk about Chris but I felt like he was mad.

Five o'clock came around quickly as everyone meaning my parents, Liam, and the Alpha family meaning the Alpha, Luna, Nathan, and Mckenzie made their way into the dining room. I don't think my parents were suspicious because we sometimes were invited to eat with the Alpha family since our parents were best friends.

"Hey Liam. Mom. Dad."I said hugging them as we all sat down.

"I was trying to call you to inform you about the dinner."My dad scolding me.

"Oh I know I was already here and I forgot my phone in my bag."I explained as he gave me a look of okay.

"Actually that's why we called you here today, I want to make an announcement."The Alpha announced.

Derrick squeezed my hand as the Alpha looked at us. My family looked at the Alpha as he announced,"Derrick is Hazels mate."

My mom and dad's face filled of surprise before they both smiled. "Congratulations."

Liam had a smug look on his face as he he turned in his chair hugging me."Knew it."

"Shut up."I started laughing looking towards the living room entrance to see Chris. He stared into my eyes before putting his head down leaving back up the stairs.

"So when are you moving out?"Liam asked nonchalantly.

"Liam, stop trying to throw your sister out and what about you and your mates!"My mom said but her eyes widened when she realized what she said but brushed it off."She can stay and you can too for as long as you want."

Derrick looked at me with a smile that read 'what'd I tell you'. Who knows I thought to myself.