Alpha's Claim 10

~Hazel's POV~

"Oh my gosh."I mumbled to myself, realizing what I had done again.

"Hazel?"My mom asked poking her head in my room. I was happy I hopped in the shower and put on my brothers long shirt on.

"Yeah?"

She sat down on my bed,"Since when did this happen?"

"What?"I asked confused.

"You and Derrick having sex."

I blushed at her bluntness but also worried she'd look down at me,"Mom-"

"Sweetie I'm not judging."She said giving me the 'are you kidding' look.

"Last Friday."I breathed out.

"Do you like him?"My mom asked searching my eyes. My mom and I were not only daughter and mother but also best friends.

"No. I mean he's hot but I just couldn't see myself with him nor do I like him anymore."

She nodded looking thoughtful,"You like someone else don't you?"

I blushed, how did she guess?

"Who?"She squealed like McKenzie when I told her.

"Chris?"I said it more like a question. I realized I liked him at the dance.

"Oh he's good looking too but I thought" She paused,"never mind."

"What?"I asked.

"Well, You and Derrick would be a really cute couple."I rolled my eyes at that comment, that's also what she said.

"Does dad or Liam know?"I questioned not really wanting to know the answer.

"God no."She laughed and winked at me.

My smile faltered,"Mom I feel like a-"

"Hazel Nicole Phillips don't you dare finish that sentence. You're a werewolf, it's totally natural for your hormones to be raging at this age especially when your so close to the age of finding your mate."

I grimaced,"I don't think I'll want to find my mate...yet."

My mom smiled,"Trust me when you meet your mate, you'll be ready. And I want grandpups."

I groaned."I don't like where this is going. What age did you have us anyway?"

A dreamy look came on my mom's face."Well I got pregnant after we mated the first time which was on March fifth."

"Right after?"I asked referring to the first time wolf's find their mate-if there in this pack.

"Yeah. I remember your father and I hated each other. He was beta and I always hated how him and Jonathan."she said referring to my dad's best friend, the Alpha.

"-used their power and looks to their advantage. Anyway on that day I hoped I didn't find my mate because I knew I'd probably get stuck with a man whore which was every guy. I went bored but got excited when I smelt a pine comb and woodsy smell. I looked up and was met with the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen. One look and one conversation is all it took to forget about the past."

"Why don't you guys go out?"

"Well, I'm not really sure Liam would be okay with that."

"Just ask him."

I smiled at my mom. I'm happy it worked out for her and dad. I hope I get my happy tell ending too.

______________