Alpha's Claim 24

Alpha's Claim- Truce.

"Hazel."

I gasped surprised clutching my chest as I turned around shutting my locker."You scared me."

"Sorry."Chris said, a soft smile on his face.

"You know Chris, I never meant for any of this to happen. My feeling were also genuine from the start."

"I know. When I went on a run, I figured it out."He said laying his head against the locker,"I was angry. I was jealous. Even when we were dating, I heard people saying you guys made a better match."

"Chris-"

"I know. It wasn't you saying it but it got to me. I'm sorry. I should have just accepted the facts and stopped chasing after something unattainable."

"I'm sorry."I said for the way things panned out. It wasn't  my fault but I had to say sorry for the way I acted towards him.

"I want you to meet my mate."He said softly as we walked to the other end of the school.

"Hazel this is my mate."He said introducing us to each other. I smiled as we talked to each other but she seemed hesitant. I mean, I would be hesitant to talk to my mate's ex. But ex's couldn't even begin to compare to mates.

"You know, I'm sorry the way things turned out."I said as we walked out of school and into the parking lot.

"It couldn't be helped. That's what the gods wanted."He said as we looked to where they were standing by the Tahoe. Liam talking to his mates, Marcus talking to Derrick, who was leaning against the SUV.

I would have never imagined having my mate and Liam finding his mate or mates so soon but I'm glad we did.

"Hazel."Derrick yelled once he saw us. I smiled at him as we made our way towards them.

"Hey."I said wrapping my arms around his waist, smiling as he wrapped his arms around me giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"What's up?"He asked watching Liam and his mate take off from the school parking lot in Liam's car. 

"Nothing. Chris just wanted to apologize."I said looking at Derrick with a smile on my face. Derrick rolled his eyes but gave me a hug,"Don't take things to heart."

"I can't help it. Especially since it's Chris."

"Hazel, do you like to get me jealous?"

"Of course not."I said softly when I noticed how upset he looked."I'm sorry."

He pressed his lips against mine in a slow hesitant kiss as he grabbed my chin with one hand while the other hand wrapped around my waist. I felt myself melt into the kiss, mesmerized at how his tongue grazed my bottom lip in a slow sensual motion.

I wrapped my arms around his back, holding onto his shirt as the kiss got rough. My breathing came out in short rough pants as he skimmed his tongue softly against the palate of my mouth.

"Hazel."Liam said making me pull away.

"Sorry."I said as Derrick put his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for being the worst mate but I can never let you go Hazel because I love you way too much."

"Derrick. You may not be the best mate but I know you're trying and I love you."I said smiling at him. I wasn't being mean- I was being honest and Derrick knew it.

"I'm the luckiest person in the world to have you as a mate."

"Likewise. I wouldn't want anyone else."I said looking straight ahead to see Liam talking to Marcus, and his mates. I was happy with the way everything turned out. I didn't want a mate in the beginning but now I was grateful for my mate and my brother's mate. We would hopefully soon all be one big happy family since I was hoping Liam's mates accepted him because I could tell they liked him a lot. 

We had barely started our lives, and I couldn't wait to spend the rest of it with Derrick.

X0X0 THE END**

A/N:Sorry it took so long. I've been very busy and just lost track of time. I love you all. Thank you for supporting me and all. I love this book the most. Hazel and Derrick are my favorite characters and I hope you like it just as much as I do. Sorry for the short ending **So long, goodbye**