Chapter 16-cont.

Dawson pov

2 weeks away from due date and not allowed to work but still went to shift like usual but just didn't do anything or go on any calls.

Matt was in his office and I waddled in and sat on the bed. He sat by me and asked if everyone was ok. I replied " I am fine just uncomfortable and some cramping which is probably false labor." He looked at me real serious and said "gabby we should get you checked out just to be safe." So I we went to the hospital and matt left Hermann as active leutinent. The er doctor told us it was false labor but said if they get to come more consistent and become eight minutes apart that i should come back and get admitted because that would be active labor or unless my water breaks. We went back to the house matt was leutinent again since we were back. Two hours went by matt and I were sitting at the table in the common room I told him I was going to the bathroom. I stood up and my freaking water broke. He looked at me with big eyes. I looked at him and said " matt my water just broke we need To go to the hospital." Brett took us in the ambo which I thought was a little extreme but I was still ok with it. We were admitted to the labor and delivery floor. Another hour went by I was only four centimeters dialated. A contraction came and back coached me through he held my hand and said " It is fine just keep breathing in and out you are doing great." He was an amazing coach. Doctor came in an hour and half later and said I was ten centimeters dialated and I was ready to deliver. Four pushes and the baby was out. But there was problem we forgot to pick out a name. So as we both took turns holding her we were figuring out a name and decided to name her Desiree Faith Casey. it was beautiful. We were going to name her after me but decided it would get too confusing. Matt took a picture of me holding Desiree sent it to severide with her name and time she was born weight, length, and to show it to everyone. After their shift was over everyone came to visit at the hospital like casey and I expected.