Chapter 45- cont.

Dawson pov

Our two days off from shift were great especially the first night. But now it was our day on shift again. And today marked the first of the month February 1st. We got to shift as 9am rolled around and got coffee and breakfast as the candidate made it.

Truck 81 Squad 3 Engine 51 Ambo 61 Pattlion 25 House fire 2347 western view road

With the alarms off we rolled out. On the way to the scene Brett said " so how was your surprise Casey mentioned the other day?" I smiled trying not laugh and said " Good. Really good." As Brett said " uh huh. " and smiled us girls can read minds she knew the surprise was sex. As ten minutes pasted at the scene Casey came through the radio " Chief it's Casey I got a girl around maybe ten Years old unconscious have ambo ready." Before chief answered " This is Dawson copy that." I could have said Casey but it would have got confusing. Casey put the girl on the gurney. We did our standard procedure. I said "Brett we got to intabate and possible collapse lung we got to get her to Chicago med asap." I hopped in the back with the girl bagging the bag for the intabation tube and Brett drove. We gave Chicago med the update and info waited for our gurney and left to go back to the house.