Chapter 21

A few minutes after Rhian and Jason left, it started to rain. We all ran back to the house and sat in the living room.

"Guys uwi na tayo ng 9pm ha. Malayo-layo din kasi to e. Tapos bukas ng umaga pa alis namin para sa taping." Chynna announced and the others nodded.

I, on the other hand, was completely lost deep into my thoughts.

Ano kayang nangyari kanina?

Bakit sila umuwi kaagad?

Pati bakit parang kakagaling niya lang sa iyak nung humarap siya sa'min?

"Ugh." I grunted as I buried my face in my hands.

Sana hindi tama yung iniisip ko.

I sighed.

Pero hindi talaga imposible e.

I clicked my tongue and lightly stomped my feet in frustration. I can't even take the thought of it. My fingers dug into my hair as I looked down.

"Huy. Okay ka lang?" Sheena nudged me on the arm, making my elbow slip and my head bang in the air. I glared at her as she snickered beside me. "Sorry."

I ignored her as I looked to my right and was surprised to see Chynna beside me, intently listening with a goofy grin on her face. "Affected ka no?"

I looked back at Sheena who raised her eyebrows up and down in approval then looked back at Chynna. I let out a sigh as I rubbed my temples. "Am I really that obvious?" and looked up at them.

"Ay hindeee. Ikaw naman!" They sang sarcastically, clumsily waving their hands.

I glared at them and sighed. "Masisisi niyo ba 'ko? Pano kung m--"

"YOU GUYS WHAT?!" Bianca's voice boomed along with the rain and interrupted my blabbing. We all looked at her and saw that she was talking to someone over the phone.

"Sinong kausap nun?" Chynna furrowed her eyebrows.

"Okay, okay. Wait." She brought her phone down and started tapping on its screen. Her eyes widened suddenly and her mouth agape. "Oh my god."

"Anong meron, Biancs?" Kean asked. She looked at all of us and saw that we were eagerly waiting for her answer.

"Check your instagrams." She said in all seriousness as she held up her phone to her ear once more. "I'm coming over, bestie."

My head shot up upon hearing her calling the person on the other line 'bestie'. She only calls one person that--Rhian. I felt my heart beat louder in my chest.

Bianca hung up and sighed as she grabbed her clutch bag and walked out the door. "Una na 'ko, guys. Kayo na bahala dito, nandyan naman sina manang when you leave, okay? Bye!"

We were left in the living room, puzzled by what was going on.

"Babe, pakitingnan mo nga. Di ko dala phone ko e." Kean nodded at Chynna, his brows slightly furrowed. She nodded and got her phone out, swiping and tapping on the screen. I was beside her, my eyes closed as I silently hoped that it wasn't what I thought it was.

I heard her gasp and my heart throbbed inside of me. "Well? Ano na? Anong ganap?" the others asked.

I opened my eyes and saw how she blinked at the screen in front of her. Chynna slowly extended her phone so all of us could see. "Si Jason nagpost." she gulped. I narrowed my eyes as I looked at the screen. It was a picture of Rhian clinking her glass of wine with his, smiling.