Chapter 23

I couldn't believe what was in front of me. I was sleeping on an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar room and woke up next to the last person that I wanted to see.

Ugh. How did I even get here in the first place?!

My rising frustration quickly disappears as Rhian cutely wrinkles her nose in her sleep, making me smile absent-mindedly.

She's getting married, Cha.

I shake my head in denial.

It's no use. No matter how wrong my feelings are, when it comes to her, they feel so right.

A deep meaningful sigh escapes my lips as I close my eyes, attempting to drown the stressful thoughts. I was surprised when something brushed on the tip of my nose.

"Good morning, beautiful." Her bedroom voice, raspy.

I open my eyes to see a close-eyed Rhian with a smile on her face. I narrow my eyes, not really sure if she's awake or not.

"Gising ako." She peers one eye open drowsily. "Anong oras na lablab?" she asks. Ang bango naman ng morning breath nito. Di na 'to makatarungan.

"U-uh. 4am" I reply.

She closes her eyes and pulls me in tighter as she rests her forehead on mine. "Aga pa, tulog pa tayo." she breathes.

Despite the comfortable embrace she envelopes me in, I stir uneasily, slowly escaping from her grip. "Um.. Rhi, uuwi na 'ko. I honestly don't know what happened last night and how I got here but I need to get home and fix my things. So.." I trailed off, gently sliding off of her arms. But she quickly pulls me back. What the?

"You're not going anywhere." She whispers in my ear as she wraps her arm and leg around me. My cheeks flush from the hot breath that she released on my ear and neck. "Nakaayos na gamit mo sa baba."

"Ha? Pan-" I start but she interrupted.

"Bakit ang bango mo pa rin, Cha?" She hums as she takes in another whiff and looks at me curiously. "Teka, okay ka na ba? Di ka na bangag?"

I slowly shake my head. "I don't think so."

"Talaga? Pakiss nga." She blurted out casually as she puckers up.

"What? No!" I lean my head backwards.

"Ahh. You are sober." she chuckles as she leans back and brushes our noses together. I find this gesture rather relaxing and.. cute. "Sayang."

"Aba siraulo ka ah. Bakit sayang?" I ask but she didn't respond. "Huy." Still.

"Shh." She hushes me as she wipes her hand on my face. "Ingay mo, lab."

"Ah ganon ha. Ayaw mong sumagot." I slide my hand slowly and poke her sides which made her jump a little.

Her eyes open in surprise, glistening with amusement and horror. "No."

A mischievous smile curves up my lips as I start tickling her, making her cry with laughter. "Ayaw mo talagang sabihin ha? Tapos maingay pa ko? Hahaha! Bakit sayang, lab? Ha? Bakit? Hahaha!" I laugh as she squirms in front of me.