Chapter 11

She planted a slightly long kiss on my cheek. "Good night, Rhi. Drive safely." she smiled and went straight inside her house.

My mouth was left hanging open from disbelief. I rolled my window up and stared blankly ahead. I could say that she was completely unaware of what she had left of me. She didn't even turn around, for crying out loud! But it was a good thing that she didn't. She might've saw the tomatoes I have for cheeks after her kiss. Her kiss. I touched my left cheek and practically bounced in my seat with joy.

Kinikilig ako. Waaaaah! Enebe Hahahaha!

I danced in my seat and giggled like a little girl. I took a deep breath and smiled again. Just thinking about her makes me smile. I took one last deep breath and backed my car out the parking lot of her house. I didn't feel like going home so I drove back to my condo unit and parked my car in my usual spot. I was getting out of my car when my phone rang. I smile crept up my face as I answered the call.

"Ano ba yan, miss mo na agad ako?" I giggled.

"Of course, babe. I miss you every time we're apart." Oops. It was Jason.

"U-uy. Ikaw pala, babe." I'm not gonna lie, I'm disappointed it's not Glaiza.

"Bakit? May iba ka atang ine-expect na tumawag e. Haha" he laughed.

I used to melt every single time I heard him laugh. Pero bakit parang ngayon, hindi na?
"So.. It seems na tapos na yung meeting mo. Pwede na ba kitang mayaya sa labas?"

I checked the time on my watch, 9:46pm. I checked my phone's calendar for any early schedules tomorrow. No appointments 'til 2pm.

I held my phone back to my ear and replied "Sure."

"Okay, babe. I'll come pick you up. Where are you?"

"Nasa condo. Ingat."

"Sige, sige. Bye. Love you."

"Bye." I hung up and stared at my phone.

Why didn't I say 'I love you' back? I mean, I love him don't I? Ugh.

I went inside my unit and plopped on the couch. I closed my eyes and her face came instantly in view. I smiled and hugged the pillow next to me. My phone beeped, interrupting me from my daydreaming. I checked the text and my face lit up even more when I saw that it was from Glaiza.

From: Lablablablab

Hi =) Nakauwi ka na?

I quickly tapped reply.

To: Lablablablab

Yes ma'am! Haha. Oh bakit gising ka pa? Go to sleep.

She replied instantly. I love quick replies.

From: Lablablablab

Syempre, itetext muna kita para mabuo lalo yung araw ko. Hahaha! Charot.

I smiled.

To: Lablablablab

Sinasabi ko na nga ba crush mo ko e! Hahaha! Nako nako. =P

From: Lablablablab

Sus! Sino kaya? lol. May taste ako no! Hahaha! Sige na, siniguro ko lang na nakauwi ka na.

To: Lablablablab

Aba ang kapal talaga! Hahaha! Sige, wag mo ko masyadong isipin ha. Baka di ako makatulog. lol. Good night, Cha :*

From: Lablablablab

Hindi ka naman nawawala sa isip ko e. Hahahahaha! Yuck, ang corny!
Tama na nga. Good night, Yon. =)

To: Lablablablab

Walang kiss? =(

From: Lablablablab

Oh tamo, humihirit pa. Wag ka ng magreplyyyyyy.
Good night na talaga, Yon! :* :* :*

I put my phone down and put my hands on my face, giggling. I sighed and smiled again. Napapadalas na talaga 'to. But I'm not saying that I don't like it. I went to my room and dressed up.

A few moments after, a knock came on the door. I peeped through the hole and saw a very dressed up Jason. I unlocked the door and smiled at him. He kissed my cheek and grinned at me.

"Ready to go, babe?" he asked. I nodded.

We went to an unfamiliar restaurant in Alabang. It was a nice place. Cool and quiet. We ate and shared stories. I don't know why but there was something inside of me that would rather stay at home than be with him. A part of me that was falling out of love.

He drove me back to my house and accompanied me to our front porch.

"Is there something wrong, babe? You seem different the whole date." he asked, concern clear on his face.

"Wala, wala. Pagod lang siguro 'ko. Salamat nga pala for tonight, babe."

"You're welcome. Osya, magpahinga ka na ha. Baka magkasakit ka nyan." he smiled and touched my cheek. I nodded.

He leaned in to kiss my lips but I turned my face so he could only kiss my cheek. He looked confused but I just smiled at him. "Good night, babe. Drive safely."

He nodded and went off. I frowned at the thought of me falling out of love from him. I shook the thoughts away and went straight to bed. I stared at my ceiling and sighed. "What a night." My eyes closed and my mind was eager to take a glimpse of that girl's face again. Even if it's just in my dreams. I drifted into sleep.