Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone ringing. I searched for my phone under my pillow but heard it ring from my head board. Weird. I quickly grabbed it and looked at the caller ID. Benny. Disappointment was evident on my face.

Wait. Was I expecting Rhian to call? As if naman na tumawag yun, Glai. Psh.

I swiped the screen to answer the call as I sunk myself back in the covers.

"Hello?" I said.

"Good morning, beautiful." I could tell that he was smiling from the other line.

"Morning din Benj. Bakit ka nga pala tumawag?"

"Wala lang. Ang saya kaya nung pagkagising mo, maririnig mo yung boses ng pinakamagandang babae sa mundo."

"Nako, ayan ka na naman e. Wait lang ha." I hated doing this to him. "Magcha-charge muna 'ko. Bye."

"Okay. Bye, beautiful." And with that I hung up.

I buried my face in my hands out of frustration. Ever since Benny confessed about his feelings for me, our friendship became a lot more awkward. I mean, it was okay for me at first, but then he started joining me in my tapings and conferences. He asked me if he could court me but I declined. Yes, he is sweet, caring and good-looking. He's Benjamin Alves for pete's sake! But something inside me just can't see us together. My friends used to nag me all the time about how Benny was the "ideal boyfriend" for everyone. But you can't force the heart to have feelings for someone just because he's the most ideal person in the world. It just doesn't work like that.

I checked the time on my clock. 6:12am
Too early.

I drifted back into unconsciousness.

8:43am

I was awakened again by another phone call. I groaned and answered the call without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said, my voice raspy from sleep.

"Whoa. Ang sexy naman ng boses nito." The caller chuckled. I could recognize that laugh anywhere. I immediately smiled.

"Sira. Kakagising ko lang kasi." I chuckled softly.

"Nagising ba kita? Good mooooooorniiiiiiing!"

"Ay hindiii." I said sarcastically.

"Sorry na. Haha. Nga pala, free ka ngayon?"

"Ngayon? I think so. Wala namang ganap sa sched ko ngayon e. Bakit?"

"Tara sa bahay. Movie marathon tayo nina Chynns."

"Sure, sure. Anong oras ba?"

"Actually, I'm on my way to your house right now. Sooo.. You have about 20 minutes to take a shower and stuff. Haha."

"What?!"

"Bye! Love you!"

Ugh. 20 minutes is so not enough. Patay ka sa'kin Rhian.

My phone beeped and I saw that I had a message from her.

From: Racergirl

Oh and don't bother preparing breakfast, I have take-outs. See you in a bit.

My face lit up when I learned that there was food. I tapped reply.

To: Racergirl

Oooooh. Take-outs
Okidokey, be careful. Stop texting!

I put my phone down and grabbed my bathrobe and towel. I headed straight to the bathroom and took a shower. I was playing "True" by Ryan Cabrera when I heard a door close. It was faint so I guess it was the bedroom door. I turned the shower off to listen for a few seconds but heard nothing. I turned it back on and let the water wash me completely. When I was done, I put on my bathrobe and stepped out. Water from my hair was dripping all over my bedroom carpet. I was walking towards my bed when something caught my attention. A paper bag with a note sticked to it was on top of my bed.

Oh my gosh. Sinong pumasok dito?

I wrapped my hands around my body and looked around. No sign of anyone. I grabbed the paper bag and read the note. Relief flushed over me as I scanned the paper.

Hey, your guard let me in. Here's your food, samin na tayo kumain. Nonood ako ng tv sa living room ha. Baba ka nalang when you're ready.

xx R

----------------