Chapter 30

After eating lunch with my parents and a few hours of bubbly chitchat, we bid our goodbyes and drove off.

Operation Pakilala, successful. Very successful.

To be honest, I was a teenie bit nervous when we were in front of my house. I wasn't worried for Glaiza though, I was worried that my parents would embarrass me in front of her. They have a tendency of going over the top and being ecstatic when they're meeting someone they like. Heh, parents.

8:16pm.

Here I am, standing outside my unit at night, thinking about absolutely nothing but her. Her sweetness, her weirdness, her cockiness at times, her silliness.. God, just thinking about her warms me up inside.

"MK, nasan na yung cookies sa fridge?" Glaiza asks from inside the room. Yes, I took her home with me. Problem?

"Nilipat ko na sa cookie jar, MK. Andun sa tabi ng microwave." I reply, my eyes not leaving the marvelous view of the city at night.

It was as busy and slightly noisy as always, but the fact that G is here with me makes me feel like the place is suddenly serene and peaceful. Cliché, I know. But I guess that's what happens when you're in love.

My trail of thoughts was interrupted by a hand sliding around my waist and pulling me closer from behind. I smiled. "Love."

She chuckled softly behind me as she pulled me by the hand and led me to the sofa by the railings. "Pinapa-ahon lang kita. Parang ang lalim kasi ng iniisip mo e." she said as we sat down.

"Hmm. Not really, nakakatuwa lang kasi yung mga nangyari kanina." I reply, munching on a cookie from the jar that was now on the glass table. "They're very fond of you, you know that?" I smiled as I looked at her.

"Pansin ko nga e. Siguro kung ano ano sinabi mo sakanila no?" She squinted her eyes at me accusingly and pointed her finger so closely in between my eyes. "Hoy Rhian Denise, wala akong balak i-disappoint yung parents mo." She frowned.

I quickly shot her a look. "What? Hoy wala ah!" I defended, furrowing my eyebrows as I scratched the back of my head. "They honestly didn't let me explain."

"Ha?" She asked, face scrunched up in confusion.

"Alam na nila yun." I mumbled.

"Ano daw. Teka, ang gulo, di ko maintindihan. Ayusin mo nga." She stressed while propping her elbow up and resting her chin in her hand.

She looked so adorable I couldn't help but pinch her cheeks and smile at her. "It's not really a surprise for them na I'd fall for you e." I shrugged as I stared blankly at the city lights. "Beauty, talent, brains, and personality. I mean come on, a person would have to be fucking heartless to not love you." I said wholeheartedly.

But since my girlfriend is a psycho, she slapped me hard on the arm. "Language, Howell. Language." She pointed at me again, making me chuckle.

"Seriously?" I asked, bewildered. "Ang dami kong magagandang sinabi tapos you focused on my swearing? Really, MK? Grabe ka ha." I grinned as I mirrored her pointing.

She smiled at my gesture and captured my hand in hers. "Napaka-unnecessary kasi nung pagcu-cuss mo." She was trying to be serious but her grin was anything but hidden, causing me to laugh. "Oh bat ka natawa? Wala kang karapatan tumawa!"

"Bakit ba? Fine, eto na, seryoso na." I cleared my throat and sat up straight. "Serious. Bawal tumawa." I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her sternly, causing the both of us to burst out laughing.