Chapter 26

I wake up, shivering from the cool air of the ac. I pull the covers over my body tightly as I curl up beneath it, my eyes remaining shut. I shift in bed, attempting to fall back to sleep as I extend my arm to feel the spot next to me. Nothing.

While getting myself comfortable, I suddenly realized something.

I was sleeping next to Rhian, wasn't I?

I quickly sat up and stared at the empty spot on the bed. My eyebrows furrowed as I thought of the things that happened.

Where is she?

Wait. Was it all a dream?

I frantically looked around me. No sign of her anywhere. I frowned as a sigh escaped my lips. "Paasa ka tadhana."

I clicked my tongue and punched the pillows in frustration. "Stupid. Stupid. Dream. Ugh." I groaned and sneezed accidentally. At least I know the allergy is real.

"What're you doing?"

My head immediately shot up upon hearing another person's voice. It was Rhian. She was looking at me oddly as she leaned on our bedroom's door frame. Well, this isn't awkward at all.

After what seemed like hours of me staring at her, my voice finally found words to say. "U-um. M-may lamok kasi." I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Lamok?" She tilted her head to the side. "E ba't mo sinusuntok?"

I opened my mouth to reason with her but closed it when I realized that I have nothing to answer to that. I looked down and furrowed my eyebrows. "Good question."

She looked at me oddly once again and shook her head. "Okaaaaay. I'll just pretend that I didn't see that." She walked over to the bed and sat on the edge in front of me. "What was your dream about?" She asked as she looked straight at me.

I hesitated at first but answered eventually. "Well, there's this.. person that I really really like," I paused.

"Mm-hm. Go on." She said, nodding her head, signalling for me to continue, so I did.

"And sh-- I mean, that person confessed to me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The person I have feelings for, loves me just the same. I've never felt so happy in my entire life." I said, absentmindedly smiling as I continued pondering over my dream. "But unfortunately, panaginip lang pala." I frowned. "Kainis."

"Ahhhh." Rhi replied, nodding her head. "Bummer."

I nodded and curled my lips to one side. "Yep." I breathed. Bummer indeed.

Silence fell as I remembered the dream and wondered what could've happened if it were true.

"Hey, Cha?" She called, slightly pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Po?" I raised my eyebrows in response as I continuously stared at the blanket covering my legs.

She leaned over to me and placed a quick kiss on my cheek.

I was about to turn my head when she whispered in my ear. "You weren't dreaming, MK." She chuckled and pinched my nose.

My eyes widened and I wasn't sure if it was because of shock or of joy or of both. To be honest, I really didn't care. I just grinned at her, slightly blushing from embarrassment as she smiled sweetly back at me and raised her eyebrows up and down.