Chapter 27

"Why are you staring at me?" Glaiza asks, eyes still glued on the Mitch Albom novel in her hands.

It's past 7 in the evening and we were sitting side by side on the couch, enjoying the silence of each other's company. She was reading beside me while I was watching re-runs of Melissa & Joey on tv.

I sighed and propped an elbow on the couch to support my head. "You look so beautiful without even trying, it should be illegal." I huffed while absentmindedly twirling her hair.

I wasn't lying. She looked like she'd been pulled out from one of those movies with hot librarians and secretaries or something.

Her hair was it's usual soft perfect self, bangs lazily clipped to one side, and black rimmed glasses rested on her nose to top it all off. She was wearing a plain white t-shirt and pink shorts but it looked absolutely divine on her.

She let out a soft chuckle. "Look who's talking, Ms. #1 most beautiful filipina actress." She raised an eyebrow at me and returned her gaze on the book.

I chuckled and pinched her nose. "Can't you just take a compliment? Huh? Huh?" I asked as I inched closer and put more pressure on her nose at every huff.

She squirmed beside me and we both laughed. "I'm not a fan of compliments, MK." She placed a quick kiss on my nose and smiled.

"Clearly." I rolled my eyes at her playfully.

She stuck her tongue out at me and went back to reading. I rested my head on the couch and sneaked glances at her as she grabbed my left hand and held it under her nose and against her lips as she read.

I smiled at the sight and went back to watching Melissa and Joey fight over grated cheese.

Ahh. These are the moments that I live for.

Can't time just stand still?

She let out a shaky breath against my hand and kissed my palm softly as her eyes scanned the pages. It was a tiny gesture but it made the butterflies in my stomach go wild once more. I couldn't think of anything else.

God.

Those.

Lips.

"Hey, MK?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" She hummed in response without tearing her eyes away from the book in her hands.

"Magaling ka na ba?"

"Pick-up line ba yan?"

"What? Hindi." I chuckled.

"Then, no." She smiled.

We fell silent for a few seconds before I spoke up again.

"How about now?"

"Nope."

"Now?"

She sighed but a smile tugged at her lips. "MK, an allergy doesn't heal in just a day."

"Yes, it does."

"No, it doesn't."

I groan into the pillow. "This is torture."

A soft chuckle escapes her lips as she puts her book down and gazes at me. "Don't be so overdramatic. I'll kiss you when the fever and cold are gone." She winked.