Chapter 9

I turned around and looked at her. I couldn't resist not kissing her. I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "Ganti lang sa kanina." I winked and quickly walked away so she wouldn't notice my happiness bubbling inside of me. My heart was beating a million times a second now. Okay, kalma.

I had a hard time resisting the urge to really kiss you a while ago in the kitchen. Ikaw kasi e. Bakit ka ba kasi pumikit, Rhi? Gusto mo ba talaga?

Ugh. Asa naman, Glaiza.

I sighed and composed myself so no one would be suspicious. I got to the living room and put down the bowls on the table. Rhian followed behind me after a few seconds. I went back to the kitchen to fix another pitcher of iced tea when I heard a knock on the door. I turned around and saw Rhian.

"Ang alam ko kasi bahay ko 'to e. Dapat di mo na ginawa yan." she smiled while leaning on the door frame.

"Oh bakit? May sinabi ba 'kong akin?" I chuckled softly and went back to pouring the powder in the pitcher.

"Pwede naman e.. JOKE!" she laughed while walking towards me. I rolled my eyes at her and we both laughed. "Soo.. need any help?" she asked.

I shook my head and smiled at her. She nodded. "M'kay. Maglalabas na 'ko ng glasses ha. Sunod ka na lang."

I nodded. "Yeah, sure." and with that, she headed out.

I was mixing the powder and water when Christian came in. "Uy! May kailangan ka, Tian?"

Wow. Makapagtanong naman ako, akala mo sa'kin yung bahay e. Hahahaha!

"Wala, wala. Naisip ko lang na baka kailangan mo ng tulong."

"Ay ang bait naman. Teka. Eto, tikman mo nga. Para kasing ang tamis e." I said as I held up a glass of iced tea that he gratefully took.

He sipped the drink "Okay na, Cha. Lalagyan pa naman ng yelo 'to e."

"Sige. Tara na." I held up the pitcher.

"Ako na magdadala nyan. Kunin mo na lang yung cubes sa freezer." He grabbed the pitcher from my hands and pointed to the fridge. I did what he told and we went back to the living room. The tv was blank. I guess, the movie ended. Damn, I didn't get to see if they got back together. Oh well. I'll just ask the others later.

"Horror naman!" Mike shouted.

"Patayan or Ghosts?" Bianca asked.

"Patayan!" they said in unison. Brutal freaks.

"Game. "All the boys love Mandy Lane" it is." she inserted the DVD in my player and sat back on the couch.

I was on the left side of the table. My eyes wandered over to the other side and I saw Rhian looking at me. She scooched a little to the right and tapped the spot next to her. I smiled and stood up to sit beside her. I was about to lean the back of my head on the couch when Rhian rested her head on my shoulder. I smiled.

The movie went on and it was honestly really good so far. I was reaching into the bowl to grab more fries but it wasn't potatoes that I felt. I looked at my hands and saw Rhi's hands touching mine. We looked at each other and I slowly pulled my hand away. "Sorry." I murmured. My cheeks hot.

"N-no. It's fine. I-" she was interrupted by her phone ringing. She held up her finger to mean 'hold on one sec' at me and answered the call. "Hello?