Chapter 24

"Here we are, room 3." I say as I let go of her bag and open the door with the key. "My favorite number."

Glaiza chuckles beside me. "Hindi mo talaga bibitawan yung kamay ko?"

I gave her a quick glance and shook my head. "Baka takasan mo ko."

"Takas? Ano ka, kidnapper?" She chuckled.

"Pwede din." I answered as I pushed the door open.

Kikidnap-in ko puso mo. Ayyyyy.

"Ha? Anong sinabi mo?" She asks.

Oops. Did I just say that last part out loud?
Shoot.

"Um.. W-wala. W-wala akong sinabi." I laugh nervously as I step inside the room.

"Ahhhhhhh." She nods her head and follows me inside. "Di ka pwedeng kidnapper ko."

"Bakit naman? Ninja din kaya ako. Haha"

"Kasi magkakasakit ako sa'yo."

"Hoy wag kang judgemental, Cha. Kahit hostage kita, aalagaan pa rin naman kita no. Hinding hinding hindi kita pababayaan, di ka magkakasakit sa'kin."

"Yun na nga e. Kaya nga ako magkakasakit."

"Ha? Di ko talaga gets. At ano namang sakit yun, aber?"

She walks over to me and whispers in my ear. "Stockholm syndrome." She smiles and pads towards the bathroom.

You probably think that I would be feeling extremely giddy because she said that. Well, you people are wrong. Do you know why?

It's because I don't know what stockholm syndrome is. Ugh.

She looks back at me and I let out a nervous laugh because I didn't know what it meant. She shakes her head and smiles as she enters the bathroom and closes the door. I immediately got my phone from my pocket and googled it.

"Anak ng tokwa, ano ba yung Stockholm syndrome?" I murmur as I look through the websites. "Bakit ba kasi ang tali-talino nitong babaeng 'to e."

I clicked the wikipedia site of Stockholm syndrome and read the definition.

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.

There is a large chance that the victim will fall in love with his/her captor or abuser.

OOOOH. Yun pala yon.

A wide smile immediately tugged on my lips. Jusme. Kung puro ganito mga banat nya sa'kin, lalawak vocabulary ko. I chuckled as I thought to myself.