Chapter 5

Time check. 10:38pm

I'm about ten minutes away from Glai's house. To be honest, it could be five minutes but I think you get why I'm driving slower than usual. If it were someone else, I wouldn't drive like this. But since it's her, I want to savour every second as much as possible - without being noticed, of course. Even though I couldn't look at her directly, I still loved her presence.

I was pulled away from my thoughts as I heard something unusual. I looked around, trying to find where it came from but failed to do so. After a few seconds, there it was again. My eyes widened when I realized that it was a snore.

Glaiza was snoring.

I tried to contain my laughter but then she snored again. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't snoring loud like a pig. It was a peaceful kind of snore, like the ones on kid's cartoons. But it caught me off guard. I chuckled again and stopped 'cause of a red light. I looked at her and smiled.

Napapadalas na talaga 'yung pagtambay ng butterflies sa tiyan ko. Ano ba, Glai? Ano ba'ng ginawa mo sakin?

I sighed and stepped on the gas as the light turned green. After a few turns, we were approaching their subdivision. The security greeted me and let me pass the gates. I've been here for hundreds of times now so I'm not surprised that he didn't even made me roll my window down.

I parked in front of her house and unfastened my seatbelt. I looked to my right saw this beautiful lady sleeping soundly in my car. I leaned closer to wake her up but then I stopped when she faced me. Her eyes were closed which meant that she was still asleep. Our faces were so dangerously close together that I could feel her breath brush against my skin. It made me shiver.

I leaned back a little and tried to compose myself.

Kaya mo 'to, Rhi. Wag ka namang magpadala sa emosyon mo. Enebe.

"Glai." I whispered as I shook her gently. And she just yawned. I frowned and tried again. "Glai, wake up. We're here."

She shifted to her right and stretched her arms and feet. Her eyes still refused to open.

"Ha? Asan na tayo?" she said with her eyes slightly open and her voice raspy. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her thumb to clear her vision.

"De Castro's residence, madam!" I exclaimed with a salute. She chuckled and I extended my arm to remove her seatbelt but she did the same. Our hands touched and it felt like the first time. I didn't believe in sparks but I swear I felt them when we touched.

We looked at each other at the same time and I quickly retrieved my hand so she could remove the seatbelt herself.

"S-sorry. My fault." I stuttered.

"I-it's okay." she gave me a warm smile.

She opened her car door and walked around my car. She knocked on my window and I rolled it down.

"Hi. Gusto mong pumasok? Anything you need? Coffee? Tea? Water?" she asked, pointing to the house with her right thumb. I could see that she was eager to let me in but I couldn't. I needed to go home. "O kaya dito ka nalang matulog. Gabing gabi na din kasi, delikado sa daan." she said with a concerned look on her face.

Awwww. Well, she did have a reason to be uneasy. This was the first time na uuwi ako ng gantong oras na wala akong kasama. Nag-leave din kasi yung driver ko ngayon. But there was nothing to worry about. I was used to driving at this time of night, or morning if I may.

"I can't, Glai. Walang kasama si mommy e. Thanks for the offer, though." I smiled apologetically. She frowned. "And don't worry. Nakakalimutan mo na ata na car racer 'tong ka-love team mo."

"Dun na nga 'ko natatakot e. Baka sobra kang mag-enjoy sa pagd-drive mo di mo na namamalayan yung bilis." I laughed at her and realized that she was serious.

I smiled and said "I'll be careful, I promise."

she sighed and nodded. "Fine. Pero itext mo 'ko pagkauwi mo ha." she smiled but concern still evident in her face.

"I will. Good night." I smiled and rolled up my window. As I was pulling towards the streets she waved and mouthed a 'good night' at me. I took one last glance and hit the road.

I arrived at home about an hour later. Parked my car and grabbed my keys. The lights were still on in the kitchen and living room. I checked and saw mom and dad watching HBO on TV. I approached them and kissed them goodnight. My feet led me upstairs to my room and I felt the exhaustion hit me as I lie in bed. I prepared my pajamas that I was going to change into but before I entered the bathroom, I remembered what she said. I grabbed my phone and texted her a quick "Got home safely."

I played "I'd lie" by Taylor Swift as I quickly washed up for sleep. I got out a few minutes later and slipped into my pajamas. I checked my phone if I had any messages and saw one from Glaiza. I smiled and opened it.

From: Lablablablab

Aba dapat lang! Kundi, ako papatay sa'yo. Haha! Sige, tulog ka na. Thank you for the ride. Good night, racer. :)

I smiled at her text and quickly tapped reply.

To: Lablablablab

Tamo 'to. Brutal ka talaga e, no? Hahaha! You're always welcome. Tulog ka na din. I know you're exhausted so don't bother replying. Good night, rock star. :)

I put my phone on my bedside table and turned off the lights. I had a great night.

I think I'm really crushing on Glai. Uh-oh. But, whatever. What matters is that I'm happy right now.

I smiled at my thoughts and hoped to see her in my dreams as I drifted into sleep.