Chapter Twenty Three

-Dick's POV-

I leaned in the doorway of Victoria's tiny hotel room. She was in a hurry to get to the Manor that she didn't even bother to tidy up the room. Alfred had drove her computer and fragile stuff over to the estate, but there were still two duffle bags left.

"It's just clothes and costume spares," she told me, coming out of the bathroom. Her face was barren with no makeup in sight. Victoria didn't really need it anyway. She had long, dark eyelashes and slightly pinker lips than any girl I'd ever seen. Her skin had a nice summer tan too, so blush wouldn't show up anyway. I didn't know why girls really wore makeup, but either way it didn't matter to me.

"If you guys want, we can play Bag Toss." Tim sat in the window sill and looked outside to make sure no one would be paying too much attention. It was around ten in the morning, so everyone was already busy at work.

"Bag Toss? That's the best name you could come up with?" Victoria held the bags and smirked, raising an eyebrow. Her classic sassy 'are you serious?' look.

"Well, we pass the bags between us while grappling," Tim answered.

"Why not Bag Ping Pong, or Bag Pinball?"

"Because we didn't have you to sass us about everything when the game was invented," I countered, smirking. She rolled her eyes and put on her mask. Her dark blue eyes changed into white orbs as her identity was concealed. Robin and I already were in full costume.

"Is it like a competition between players or between time?" Nightingale asked.

"Try not to drop the bags, or you lose two points. If it hits something, you lose one point. Everyone starts out with ten each," I explained, "you have to pass it to someone else within five seconds of grappling onto a building." Nightingale nodded and handed Tim the other bag. She tossed me the one she held and we all jumped out of the window.

We were in a rough neighborhood so you didn't have to grapple onto a tall building to get somewhere. It got really difficult when you played in the rich, skyscraper areas.

I got a hold on a small restaurant and catapulted my black duffle bag into Nightingale's arms. Tim tossed me his as he grappled quickly away. I crisscrossed over the streets and tossed mine to Victoria again in which she threw hers at Tim. Surprisingly, she actually got it in front of him so he was forced to dive down after it. I jumped forward and threw my bag hard towards the ever-advancing Nightingale and dropped a couple of feet before grappling back up.

"Not today, Nightingale!" I shouted, laughing. Suddenly, both bags came flying towards me. I caught the one from Tim but struggled to keep the second one on top without it falling off. Robin and Nightingale started grappling backwards as they stuck their tongues out and made funny faces. I tossed the two bags at Tim. He caught them, but Victoria grappled about a mile ahead of us before he could throw it back. He threw one at me once I approached him.

"Wanna dump them on her?" He said, smirking. I nodded and tucked the bag under my arm. Just as a skyscraper finally came into view, the two experts at the game, Tim and I, grappled onto one of the balconies and swung up into the air and dropped the bags at a perfect time. They both crashed on top of Nightingale as we quickly swung away.

"Oh, you're on now," she glared, catching up with us. I looked over and smiled just as she tossed a bag at me. I dodged her toss, so she had to go after them. Tim and I began to speed up just as Wayne Manor came into view. Tim quickly picked up one of the duffles that he was hit with. I really didn't want Victoria to win. I mean, we agreed on being friends, but I still wasn't used to her. Luckily, Tim managed to do a classic 'Flip and Swing' and land the bag perfectly on top of the other right in Victoria's arms.