Chapter Thirty Three

-Athena's POV-

The Joker couldn't of planned out a better time for me to rendezvous with him. All the other Bat Boys would be busy and I could make it look I was actually doing something good. I wondered if Joker had paid off Crane or something.

"Nice to see you again, Nightin-snail," Joker spat out a horrible laugh. Every time I glimpsed his ugly yellow teeth and pale skin, I felt like knocking his jaw out of place.

"Call me that again, and you won't be able to laugh." My gun was practically raising itself at the stupid clown. Joker raised his hands and pulled out a chair. Taking the seat, he smiled -- without his teeth -- and scooted a blueprint my way.

"I have a plan. One that Nygma managed to cough up. It will help us take down the Bat," he pointed at the first sketch, "You see, we can use the other Rogues to make you seem completely innocent. Then, using this project, we can make Batman seem like he is the bad guy to the whole city!"

"What about getting rid of his girlfriend? A source told me that there was a woman who sleeps with the Boss and collects the money."

"Which source told you that?"

"Even if I trusted you, I still wouldn't tell you. We need to go after that girl that hangs around with Batman. The one in the black spandex that we arrested. Or maybe the one with the red hair? Or that dumb bimbo in red and black what was her name?"

"Harley, Harley Quinn. Pleased to meet ya," the girl I arrested at the jewelry store walked out from the shadows. She cracked a smile that mimicked her crazy counterpart and blew a kiss his way. "Didcha miss me, puddin? 'Cause I missed ya!" She squealed, running at Joker. He rolled his eyes as she flung her arms around his neck.

"Daddy's busy, darling. So, get off!" Joker said, gritting his teeth. He shoved Harley off of his lap and pushed the blueprint at me again.

"If you're busy with Quinn, I have other things to do." I looked at the girl behind me as she danced around. She snarled at me like a rabid dog when I turned around. Wow, she is crazy. The couple almost is too perfect.

"According to the plan, Harley was supposed to be in jail like how you arrested her to be. She is so annoying sometimes," Joker frowned for a moment and then flashed me another freaky grin, "but it's okay. She'll be dead within the month if she doesn't get back to Arkham."

"Okay, I'm gonna go. I'll talk to the Bat's girlfriend. And, by the way, I've got Grayson in the bag." With a smirk, I retreated from the warehouse and back into the skyline.

I rested on a nearby building. Pulling up a computer, I began researching through all of Batman's files. There was nothing besides business information on the girls in his database. And there were a lot of girls who sounded like they would be together. There was Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, Kate Kane, and even Princess Diana. I only had one choice. One awkward choice that would get me what I wanted to know.

"Are you busy, Grayson?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Um," a kick and punch was heard in the back, "kinda. What's up?"

"I'm following a lead. I already handled the Joker business that Batman assigned me, so I'm working on something else. Where is Batman's lover?"

"Catwoman? I thought she was still in jail," Grayson stopped and more fighting was heard.

"I'll go looking. Thanks." I hung up quickly and ran off the side of the building. Screams yipped at me from below. I took a quick look down, but decided to ignore. I wasn't a stop-what-I'm-doing-to-save-people type of hero anyway.