Chapter Fifty Seven

-Athena's POV-

"I'm here because I wanted to..." I glanced over at Dick. He leaned against the wall and gave me a thumbs up, "I wanted to try and...reconfigure?" I scratched my neck awkwardly and looked away.

Donna crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Reconfigure? Is that the first thing that came to mind?" Her black nails stroked her lasso in a threatening way. I clenched my jaw and reached for my sword.

Dick's eyes bore into my back. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. "Donna, I'm going to be straight with you. Ever since I met you, I've hated you."

"Pssh. What do you want?" She hissed.

"I'm not finished. I hated you and you hated me. I'm not really good with words and I hate fighting with rumors and talking. So, I'm proposing we fight fist to fist to get over this little...rival." I didn't look back at Dick. I went against his plan. He had prepared me to talk to Donna, but I hated his way of solving things. It had been almost a month since Dick and I made up and I had sucked out almost all the poisonous feelings my confession caused. But, Dick urged me that I needed to talk to Donna.

"Hmm...alright." She smiled and cracked her knuckles. I pulled out my katana.

"Wait! Athena! What are you doing?" Dick grabbed my shoulder and turned me away from Donna. I saw her gaze. She glared at me with jealous eyes as Dick held me close. I shoved his chest away from me.

"This is my battle, not yours. Now, please get out of my way," I snapped. Dick stepped back, silent.

"Come on, birdy. We don't have all day," Donna unhooked her lasso from her hip and grabbed her Amazonian sword.

She charged at me. I jumped over her back and landed behind her like it was nothing. She landed on her back, a smirk on her face. "I'm gonna tear you apart," Donna called, running after me again. I sliced her across her face with my sword and drove her into the ground.

She flew up into the air with a frown. She was done playing around. However, I wasn't. When she tried to dive bomb me, I jumped out of the way and kicked her in the gut. She went flying across the room. But, her lasso wrapped around my ankle. My body was knocked to the ground as she used me to stabilize herself. She tugged the lasso towards her, pulling me into the air.

When she pulled me towards her, I kicked her in the face and wrapped my tangled leg around her neck. Pulling myself around, I grabbed onto her back and used her own rope to tie her up. I wrapped my leg around her neck, then under her arms, and finally pulled it tight against me. I knew none of my weapons could cut her lasso, so I tied her up in her own weapon.

Her muscles struggled against the tight chords. I smiled, seeing that the fight was in my favor. Just as soon as I started to celebrate, Donna flipped over on her back and dropped down to the ground. I was smashed into the asphalt. Her body was crushing me farther and farther into the ground, but I was still tied to her. I used my free hand to grab the dagger Aqualad gave to me.

I could feel the Atlantean magic running through it. Because it was Atlantean, there was a stream of water running through the knife and the blade seemed to call to the ocean. Kaldur had told me that water magic could be channeled through the knife, but I wasn't Atlantean.

I slashed at Donna with the knife, causing her to fly up into the air to try and get away. I managed to unravel and just hang from her back with my ankle. She swung around, making my limp body swing with her. I flexed my abs to where her lasso still held me. As she flew around, I untied my ankle. When I was free, I wrapped my arm around her neck and directed her body into the ground.