Chapter Fifty Nine

-Athena's POV-

"Once upon a time, a gang was formed. It was very successful in escaping punishment as well as earning billions of dollars from selling stolen weapons. So, one day, the two ambitious gang lords decided to expand their whole idea. The smarter one of the two," Joker grinned, "created a tiny little pill that would cause whoever took it to see whatever their brain desired. An amazing trip guaranteed every time! The drug even left a smile on the victim's face!"

I knew the drug. I had seen its effects.

"The two decided to call the drug a Sharky, like what bank loans are called. The gang also decided to call their little organization the Black Sharks. The Sharkies were an amazing investment, since they were highly addictive and a life ruiner. So, the two leaders acquired more workers to run their growing gang. The gang was reaching around the world!" Joker flung his hands out, smacking Dick in the back of the head. I growled, but he continued. "But, there was another worldwide group that found the gang, The League of Assassins. The Black Sharks were perceived to the assassins as an ever growing threat. So, Ra's Al Ghul started a war between the two. The gang lost many members as well as money. Ra's called the two leaders for a meeting. He offered to unite the two groups or promised to continue the war. Of course, the two twenty year olds agreed.

"So, for a couple of years, the Sharks and the Assassins worked together in peace. Until the younger and smarter leader fell into a vat of chemicals." It was Joker. In that moment, I had known Joker had been lying to me. He was the leader. "He decided to ditch the whole 'Red Hood' personnel and decided to use his green hair and white skin to be known as the Joker. The Red Cloak -- his partner -- changed his name as well to match, despite not actually being tainted by the chemicals. So, the Joker and the Clown made the Black Sharks into a kingdom. They had millions of members and trillions of dollars.

"Ra's became jealous of the gang, since it had quickly become very powerful. He wanted to get rid of the gang for good, starting with the Joker and the Clown. Well, it turns out, Ra's was already in luck. The older, stronger, but also dumber leader decided he wanted another identity. He fell in love with a beautiful girl and they worked in the circus." My stomach dropped and a chill went through my body.

"The Clown changed his first and last name to Arnold Thomas and married the beautiful gypsy. He joined the circus alongside his wife as a circus clown! How funny! Ra's began to watch over the two, finding it very satisfying that the Clown was becoming disinterested in controlling the Sharks, On December 21st, in the middle of the woods, Bonnie and Arnold Thomas gave birth to their first daughter. As Athena Thomas grew, Arnold began to show up to gang meetings less and less. When his son, Harry Thomas was born, he told the Joker he wanted out and that Joker could have the gang himself. Joker told Clown that he couldn't just leave like that. It was against gang rule. Everyone was all in, no one could leave. But, Clown left anyway. He left his own brother alone, which angered Joker."

Joker's eyes locked onto me. I looked up. My eyes widened as I realized what he was saying. I shook my head, it couldn't be true. "No." I muttered.

Joker laughed and clapped his hands. "Yes! Yes! Say hello to your uncle!"

I felt like throwing up. No, my father wasn't a gang leader. My father's hands were clean; he couldn't of killed anyone. And he definitely wasn't the brother to the Joker. He couldn't be. It wasn't true!

My mouth hung open as my eyes watered. I wouldn't dare let the tears roll down my cheek, but I still felt like someone had stabbed me. I looked down at my hands knowing that the same cold blood that coursed through Joker was running through my veins. Suddenly, I wasn't so worried about bleeding out.