Chapter 4

I dragged Chuck over to in front of the homestead,

"Ok Chuck, stay outside!" I ordered.

" w.... What're you doing?!" Fear rose in chucks voice.

" Gally was a leader right?!"

"Yea.... Wait how did you know that?!" Chuck looked at me with concern.

"Don't remember, I must've heard Newt say something to Alby." I assured him, even I don't remember hearing anything about it.... I pushed the thought away.

"Why are you going in there greenie?"

" well they're gonna wanna know why Gally isn't gonna be there." I hissed through a devilish smirk. And with that I left Chuck behind and pause for a moment before taking a deep breath and enter the flimsy wooden building knocking as I opened the door, announcing my presence so that no one thought I was trying to sneak in.

The first thing I noticed, were the rays of sunlight streaming through the holes in between the poorly tied sticks. The room was set up like a stadium with chairs and benches set up like bleaches making a semi circle, it was filled with teenage boys, the leaders of each job. I must've overheard the conversation between Newt and Alby, I couldn't think of any other explanation, although everything I've experienced today has been vaguely familiar, and I couldn't stand it. It felt as though I was wandering through a dream. I noticed newt and Alby sitting on the far end of the room they were the only people facing me, they also had larger chairs. Everyone else crane their necks to look and me, I felt their stares and blushed uncontrollably.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Gally will.... Ummm" I felt their looks making it almost impossible to form any sentences. "He won't be here." I looked at my feet and picked the dirt out from under my fingernail. "Ok bye!" I spat and with that I turned and walked out of the room. As soon as I closed the door I heard the room inside erupt, people chatting, and voicing their opinions, that didn't last long Alby put an end to that quite quickly.

"What the bloody hell was that?" I heard Newt shout. "Alby, lemmi go talk to her get the whole story." I pressed my ear against to door to get a better listen.

"yeah Newt and I will go grab the lady shank and get the whole story, then we can really talk about what to do with her." This was Minho, my stomach dropped into my feet, what to do with me? What's THAT Supposed to mean?! My mind start racing, panic filling my chest. My headache returned, the ground began to spin, blurring everything into one big smudged image. I took a few steps to right, out of way of the door, and sat down cross legged, my back against the wooden building. Chuck came running over sitting down next to me.

"What happened in there?"

"I waltzed in and told them that Gally won't be there.... It was probably the most awkward moment of my life." I looked down at Chuck, earning quick giggle from him.

My head finally started to calm and so did my thoughts, now that I think about it, it makes sense I mean if all they've ever gotten was boys, when a girl shows up all of sudden it would be concerning. And for the fist time since I got here I noticed the huge stone walls crawling with luscious green ivy. Each wall about 100ft tall and look like they've been there for a hundred years. I noticed two openings in the walls only about 6feet wide and on one side of the opening had thick stone pegs and on the other side there were holes directly across from the pegs.

"Chuck? Please tell me those don't move" and I pointed at the opening in the walls opposite us.

"Ok, the walls don't move" he looked down when he said it, avoiding my eyes at all costs. I didn't believe him one bit but, I still can't picture them moving, they look like they haven't moved for centuries. The door to the homestead opened snapping me out of thought. Newt and Minho stepped outside and began walking forward, I guess they didn't see us because they were focus forward, not noticing us sitting right beside the door.