Chapter 18

After Ben got banished, the whole Glade is silent, no one speaking or interacting with one another, just working. Dinner was good, Frypan made some mashed potatoes, corn and stew. Minho and Newt wouldn't even look at each other, just as finished my dinner Alby came over to Our table and stood looking at Minho and I.

"Time to go Crimson. Gally is already waiting for you the pit." Alby's voice was surprisingly sympathetic. I nod and stood up and begin walking towards the pit. I stopped when I heard Alby giving similar instructions to Minho. I heard Minho get up and walk up behind me. I smile and start walking in line with him towards the pit. He reaches for my hands but I quickly pretend to scratch the back of my neck. I can't help but feel bad for Minho, he hasn't been making very good choices lately and I'm not sure I'm helping, by not taking his side. But I can't let him think he can hurt people the way he does with out consequences.

"I'm sorry." Minho grumbled. He looked at me with his deep blue eyes and I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"I know you are." A frown formed in my face as we approached the pit. "But you have to think before you start beating people Minho."  I stopped walking, Minho did the same and turned to face me.

"Please don't leave me by myself in the pit." He whined, and reached for my hands once again. I took it and let out a soft chuckle.

"I'll come and see you when I can ok? But you know I have to stay with Gally tonight. Besides our cells are right beside each other, I'll be right there."   I felt a smirk spread across my face, matching Minho's.

"Ok.... And if he lays even a finger on you-"

I cut him off, "Minho, Don't worry about me I can handle myself." I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and walked toward Gally who was standing by our cell.

"I can't believe you got me into this mess, you slinthead." He hissed at me, a scowl formed on his face as he spat on the ground.

"Oh slim it would you?" I hissed back, I scowled back at him and rolled my eyes as I entered the  cell. It was cold and streams of sunlight shone through the cracks between the stone walls, you could see the dust particles dancing in the sunlight. A wooden chair was set up the far corner of the stone cell, and a pathetic excuse for a bed was in the corner opposite. I saw Alby walk up behind Gally and motion for him to join me. I walked over to the chair in the corner and slumped down in it, crossing my arms and glaring at the bruised boy, entering the cell. Alby closed the wooden door and locked it. I heard him do the same thing with Minho's cell which was just beside ours. I heard him grumble, a loud bang quickly followed I knew he broke the chair once I heard the groan of wood crashing against the stone walls.

"MINHO!" I shout trying to get his attention. The crashing stopped almost instantly and I heard some slight shuffling in his cell.

"Yeah?" I heard him mumble.

"Did you just break your chair?!" I hissed through the pathetic stone wall separating us.

"....no..."

"Minho?!"

"...Yeah"

Gally chuckled as I let out a long sigh and buried my head into my hands. "Of course you did." I mumbled as I heard Gally move to sit on the bed. I looked up and saw the older boy rubbing his bruised nose, and cheek. "Hey remember when I punched you in the face, then broke your nose, then knocked you out?" I felt a smirk crawl across my face. Gally's eyes narrowed and a scowl formed on his face.

"Yeah.... Remember when your idiot boy friend punched Newt in face for no apparent reason like three times?!" Gally began to sneer as he chuckled to himself. I rolled my eyes and leaned my back on my chair and rested my head on the stone cold wall behind me.