The Past

He hesitated," Well it isn't tell as much as ask." I nodded encouragingly. " Well when woke up why were you scared? And why did you bring up your dad?"
I looked down at my hands. No one knew exactly why I moved here except Steven because I kind of shouted it at him. I looked back at Jesse and hesitated. "You don't have to..." I interrupted him. "No just give me a sec." He waited patiently. "Do you know why moved here?" I asked, thinking that I should start from the start. "yeah, you said your dad wasn't able to take care of you?" he said like a question.
I nodded, "Do you know why he couldn't take care of me?" he shook his head. I took a deep breath. "Well, he was sent to jail." I said playing with my hands. I heard him take his breath in. "Oh, that's horrible."
"Not really," I said emotionlessly, "he deserved it."
"What?" he said confused, "What do you mean?"
"Well my dad had been assaulting me since I was 7. He blames me for what happened and said I looked too much like mum," I said a few tears escaping, "So whenever I did something minor wrong or even when I didn't he would find a way to hurt me." I looked up with tears in my eyes to see how he was taking it. He was stunned. "So anyway, when I was 9 I came home with my test results. I wasn't going to show dad but he found them in my bag. I got a B+ but he expected an A+. He hit my arms and legs so I couldn't move them." I wiped my eyes as tears slid down. "He then through me into our pool and walked away. I could barely stay afloat but I eventually got out. So just before I black out that memory flashed through my mind and when I woke up that's where I thought I was." I finished looking down at my hands. We sat in silence as I replayed the memory and he wrapped his head around the idea. I felt his arms snake around me and he whispered, "I'm sorry."
"What for?" I asked probably a little harshly. "It isn't your fault I got a crap father."
He seemed a bit shocked at my outburst. I sighed, "I'm sorry. I'm just angry that he did that to me." I looked down, "I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just so helpless and it aggravates me."
"Don't worry about it, I understand," he said, soothingly.
We sat there for a while. "Can you promise me something?" I asked breaking the silence.
"Depends what it is?" he said coarsely.
"Can you promise that you won't tell anyone what I just told you and not treat me differently?"
He thought for a minute then asked, "Why?"
"I don't want the past to follow me and I don't want people to know why I'm really here."
"Does anyone else know?"
"Well no one except Steven." I furrowed my eye brows at the way I told him.
What I said seemed to confuse Jesse and he looked at me quizzingly. "Well, I kind of shouted it at him," I smiled weakly, "I hope he doesn’t tell anyone," I said mainly to myself.
"I'll make sure he doesn't," Jesse said, a little angry. He shook his head, like shaking out bad things and asked, "Not even mum and dad?"
"Nope," I said popping the P.
"Alright, I promise," he smiled, "We should go to sleep." he got up and said, "Goodnight, Taylor."
"Goodnight, J"
He chuckled at his childhood nick name and walked out the door. I stood on my foot and tried taking off my pants. It didn't help that they were wet, I must add. After 10 minutes of grunting, falling and tugging I got into my Pyjama shorts and a tank top. I could be bothered drying my hair so I put it into a messy bun and got into bed. I rested my ankle on a pillow and willed myself to sleep.

*******************************************************************************

Heyy Guys. What do you think?

I just read through the whole thing a realised that its moving rather slowly but it startsto speed up a bit:) Anywho as usually comment your ideas and opinions:)

Thanks for reading xx