Sing Out Loud

Hey. Just quickly the song in here that i said Taylor wrote is a real song and I'll write the name down the bottom. Enjoy

*******************************************************************************

I've always been the kind of girl

That hid my face

So afraid to tell the world

What I have to say

But I've had this dream

Right inside of me

I'm going to let it show

It's time, To let you know

'This is Me' By Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas

When we pulled apart, we were grinning like mad. His eyes were filled with love as he looked down at me. I smiled and grabbed his hand, dragging him to the bed.
"Come on, we have homework," I said.
Carlo chuckled, "We just took a step in our relationship and you're thinking about homework? I'm crushed," he faked hurt.
I sat on his lap and put my arms around his neck.
"Aww, don't be like that," I cooed, "I love you but our education is important."
He grabbed my face and kissed it passionately, "I love you so much," he mumbled against my lips.
"I love you too," I pulled away, "But we still need an education. Come on."
I walked over to my bag and got out my English and Music homework. With a groan, Carlo got out his. Turns out he had half the amount of homework I did and by the time I had finished my English he was done. "Okay," I said putting my English books back in my bag, "Music then I'm done. You can help," I grinned as I pulled him over, so he was lying on the bed next to me. I started humming what I already have. Ten minute later as I wrote my next line Carlo asked, "How do you do this?"
I looked at him confused, "Do what?"
He chuckled, "You make up songs like it's second nature. I remember in something like year six we had to make up a song, oh my god, it was awful. Like worse than the Friday song by Rebecca Black."
I laughed," Wow that must of sucked."
"Shut up," he said, playfully punching my arm, "So how do you do it?"
I sighed, thinking. "I dunno," I said slowly, "I guess I write what I feel and when I don't feel it I don't sing it." I shrugged, going back to my song. It took me about an hour to get all the music and lyrics down and I fell back onto the bed once I was done.
"Yes," I breathed.
Carlo chuckled, pulling me into his arms. "Seeing as we are doing music, well you're doing music, I have a surprise got to do with music," he said with an evil grin.
I looked at him cautiously," I don't like where this is going, but continue."
He chuckled and kissed my head. "Now," he started, "Promise you won't freak out?"
I raised my eye brow, "I can't promise that because I don't know what you're going to say."
He sigh," Good point," he paused, taking a deep breath, "Okay well I'm excited but yeah. Alright."
I sighed, "Spit it out Carlo."
He scowled at me," I got you to play next week at the show."
I froze. He what!? I stood frozen for a few minutes before Carlo waved his hand in front of my face. "Hello? Anyone home?" he waited, "Please don't tell me you went into shock."
I shook my head. "Y-y-you what?" I stuttered.
"I got you a spot to preform next week," he stated again.
"No, No, No. Not happening. I can't even preform in front of you. No wait, scratch that, I have never performed in my life."
He grinned getting up, pulling me behind him. He picked up my new song and my guitar as he said, "Well, that's about to change." He dragged me out the door.
"What are you doing?"
"You're going to perform in front of everyone here as practice. Oh yeah and did I mention for the show you have to preform three songs of your own?" I glared at him. "I'm not singing anywhere."
He shook his head, "Oh yes you are, whether you like it or not."
"Well, I don't. So I won't."
He quickly ducked his head into James’ room. "Hey mate," he said and I heard James answer back faintly. "Seeing as half your family hates me, can you round them up downstairs? Taylor's going to show you guys something."
"Sure thing," James said, his voice becoming clearer as he came closer to the door. He opened it fully so I could see him.
He smiled at me. "So what are you showing us?"
"Noth..." I started but Carlo's hand clamped down over my mouth.
"You'll just have to see," Carlo answered. James shrugged and started down the hall, knocking on random doors. I turned back to Carlo. "I'm not doing this," I said as firmly as I could master.
"Oh yes you are. You wouldn't want to disappoint them would you?" he asked innocently.
Grr. He is using the guilty card. "Ah, that is so not fair to make me feel like the bad guy. It's all your fault. You suck," I ranted.
Carlo grabbed my hand and gave me a quick peck on the cheek, "Oh you know you love me."
"Aren't you lucky," I grumbled as he picked up the guitar again and dragged me down the hall, ignoring my protests. As we went down the stairs I heard all the boys talking. I dug my feet as hard into the floor as possible. "Please, Carlo," I begged, "Please, no."
He stopped dragging me and turned so we were face to face. He cupped my face and spoke softly. "It's now or never, Taylor. You need to let people know you talent. You're amazing and I'm absolutely positive that they will think so too. If you don't do it now, you'll never do it. Anyway, they are like your family, there is nothing to be embarrassed about."
He spoke with such certainty that you couldn't not agree. "Fine," I caved, "But if I make a fool out of myself then I get to move into you place and blame you."
He grinned kissing me on the lips. "You'll do great," he whispered into my ear. I sighed as he dragged me the rest of the way into the lounge. The chatter was louder than before when I entered. Carlo handed me my guitar and grabbed me a stool. I looked at all the guys. They were sprawled out across the coach, fighting for the best spot. When I sat down they stopped and looked at me questionably. "Okay," Carlo said, standing next to me, "So I don't know if you guys knew this but Taylor here is absolutely amazing at singing."
"What?!" Tristan exclaimed, "And you never told us? I'm hurt?" he said with his hand over his chest. I blushed looking down.
"So obviously you guys didn't know," Carlo continued, "Anyway, I entered her into the talent show at school," I scowled at him, "Much to her dispute as you can see. But she has never let anyone here her."
"Wait," Jesse said glaring at him. Well the relationship there hasn't grown. "So how did she preform in front of you then?"
Carlo grinned, "Well she didn't intend on me hearing. So I thought that it would be good practice for her to sing in front of you guys and seeing as she just finished writing a song she can sing that."
He turned to me and handed me my song. "What? No I'm not showing them my song. I haven't even shown you," I complained.
"Yeah but you have to sing your own songs in a week so you may as well show them this." He trusted me the piece of paper.
"No," I said stubbornly.
"Yes," Wes said coming over to me," I wanna hear it," he whined.
I looked pleadingly at the guys for help. "Nope," Dylan said, "You have no help from us. We want to hear it too."
"Just sing it. It's not like we're going to judge. We can't. None of us can make up a song for sh*t," Tristan added.
"Come on Taylor," Pete said gently.
I sighed as I saw that they weren't going to budge on this. "Fine," I said muttered, "But you can’t laugh."
They nodded solemnly. I put the sheet on the table and looked at it once. I basically remembered it off by heart because I had just played parts of it up stairs. I started strumming the beat, my heart sounding like a helicopter and sang at my cue.

Elevator buttons and morning air
Strangers' silence makes me wanna take the stairs
If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares
But right now, my time is theirs

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high
The waters rough
But this love is ours

You never know what people have up their sleeves
Ghosts from your past gonna jump out at me
Lurking in the shadows with their lip gloss smiles
But I don't care, cause right now you're mine

And you'll say don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high
The waters rough
But this love is ours

And it's not theirs to speculate
If it's wrong and your hands are tough but they are where mine belong and
I'll fight their doubt and give you faith with this song for you

Cause I love the gap between your teeth
And I love the riddles that you speak
And any snide remarks from my brothers about your love too, will be ignored
Cause my heart is yours

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
But they can't take what's ours
They can't take what's ours
The stakes are high
The waters rough
But this love is ours

I strummed one last time and it rang out around the silent room. Shot, they didn't like it. I looked down, embarrassed. I got out of my chair about to walk away when Carlo pulled me back onto it. "That was amazing. Just wait a couple of seconds," he whispered, "And in Three, Two, One."
"Oh My God," Dylan yelled, "That was amazing!!"
"Where in the world did you learn how to do that?" Tristan exclaimed.
Wes tugged on my sleeve, "Can you teach me?"
I laughed nervously. "Umm... Thank you?"
They all grinned. "Can you do it again?"
I hesitated, my heart still going a mile an hour. "Umm..."
"Oh come on," James pleaded, "Pllleeeaaaasssseee?"
"Alright." And that is how we spent the rest of the afternoon, me playing and singing and them listening. At one point a couple of them tried and let's just say that I may possibly be deaf.

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey dudes:) Another chapter, yay!! So the song that Taylor sung was Ours by Taylor Swift. I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!

Anywho:D I hope you enjoyed it and please comment your thoughts because it makes it a lot easier to write when i know if ya'll like it so yeah, PLEASE COMMENT!!!!

Have a great day/night(depending when and where you're reading this:) ) and cya soon xx