What Would You Rather?

The week went by without a hitch. I was still the 'new girl on crutches' so people stared but I wasn't a loner anymore as I had Kiya and her group. We laughed heaps and talked about everything. I got death glares from the Portobello princesses when I hung out with the Jamisons. I got introduced to more of Jesse's friends and laughed my arss off when they tried flirting and Jesse got protective. We were heading home on Friday afternoon and Jesse, Dylan, Tristan and Steven were talking about the party they are going to tonight. They’re begging me to come. "Guys, I'm not coming," I said again, "I have homework," Well i didn't I finished it last night but they didn’t have to know that, "And I don't want to be hopping around a bunch of drunken teenagers."
"You do not have homework Taylor," Jesse said. Darn it he got me.
"Come on, Tay-Tay, it will be fun," he pleaded.
"No, you guys go have fun and I'll find something to do." We had just pulled up at our house and I jumped out before anyone could say anything else. Jesse pouted and walked next to me down to the door. He opened it for me and I went in. "Mum, we're home," Steven yelled.
We walked into the kitchen where Jenny was cooking.
"Hi honey, how was your day?"
"Good mum," they said in unison.
"Mine was good," I said happily, rolling my eyes at the boy’s tones.
"Suck up," Tristan muttered. I stuck out my tongue before turning around to Jenny again.
"You hungry?" she asked turning to the oven. When she opened it a warm cookie smell filled the room. My mouth started to water as she reached in to get the tray.
"Hell yes," Dylan said enthusiastically.
Before the tray hit the table the boys were already stuffing their faces with them. I quickly grabbed two before they were none left.
"Oh My God," Tristan said through a mouth full of cookies, "These are amazing mum!"
"Suck up," I said mimicking what he said before. He rolled his eyes and I smiled innocently.
The guys went to get ready one by one and I decided to headed up stairs with my bag. I had no homework so I got out a sketch pad and pencil, and I began drawing. I had no idea what I was drawing as my hand ran over the page leaving marks. As I went on a familiar woman's face started to take shape. Behind her were two big circles that looked like lights. I stopped drawing to study what it was. It didn't take me long to work out who and when it was, and when I did I slammed my book shut. It was my mother the moment before the crash. I walked over to my table, placed my scetch book on it and grabbed my guitar from beside it. One of my best friends had gotten this for my 16th. Whenever i went over to her place i use to always try and teach myself how to play. She was rich and thought I would like one. One of the best presents ever. I strummed a chord and played around a bit. I heard the guys had gathered near my door and I stopped playing to hear what they were saying. "He was suppose to be here by now!" Tristan exclaimed.
"Well, his not," Jesse said, stating the obvious.
"Maybe we should go. I call him when we get there." Dylan suggested.
Jesse hesitated, "alright. One second."
I heard footsteps come closer to my room and I picked up my chords again like I wasn't listening. Not that it was that interesting. There was a knock on the door and I said, "Come in."
I looked up to find Jesse smiling at the door.
"What?" I asked self concisely.
"I never knew you did guitar lessons," he said tilting his head slightly.
"Oh I didn't. I taught myself," I said shrugging.
He eyes widen in shock, "You taught yourself?"
"Yeah?"
"Wow," he paused for a bit, "Anyway we're going now, you sure you don't wanna come?" he asked hopefully.
I chuckled ," No thanks."
"Fine, well cya," he said turning to go out the door.
"Have fun," I called to them all.
"You too," they called back. I smiled as I heard them run down the stairs and out into the car. I watched them get in and drive off. I sighed and went back to my guitar. I started strumming the chords to Because of You by Kelly Clarkson. I loved this song and could really relate.

I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did
You fell so hard
I learned the hard way, to never let it get that far

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh
Every day of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side
So I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust
Not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I watched you die
I heard you cry
Every night in your sleep
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me
You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain
And now I cry
In the middle of the night
Over the same damn thing

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I tried my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid

Because of you

I open my eyes as I strum the last chord. It's been awhile since I have played. I heard a soft around of applause. I quickly turned around. Carlo was standing there leaning on my doorframe. I blushed and looked down. "Umm," he said in amazement, "You're really good."
I blushed harder and swore I must have been the colour of a tomato. I cleared my throat. "Hey, Carlo, what ya doing here?" I asked not meeting his gaze.
"Well, you see I was supposed to pick Jesse and his brothers up to go to this party but when I knocked no one answered so I came up here to find them. I heard you so I came to listen." He walked over to me and lifted my chin. I looked up at him. He was gorgeous. He was tanned and had deep brown eyes you could fall into. His light brown hair was tousled slightly and looked amazing. "You're really good," he said quietly. I blushed again and tried to move my chin out of his grip but he held it there and continued looking into my eyes. He's eyes were soft and held an emotion I couldn’t quite place. He moved his hands and stroked my jaw. A shiver of pleasure ran through me. "You're beautiful you know," he whispered smiling slightly. One of the most popular boys at school called me, the new girl beautiful. I shook my head slightly and cleared my throat. Um.. What was he here for again? Oh right, "Um," I said shakily," Well, umm, the guys left about half an ago." I turned to my desk so i could keep my thoughts to friendly and nothing else. I felt him sigh and I looked down at my clock. It was already 11:30pm. I turned in my chair to see Carlo looking down at his phone.
"Well it's a little late to be heading there," he mumbled, "Do you mind if I hang out here for a bit?" he asked hopefully.
"Umm..." I said a little unsure
"Look sorry, don't worry about it," he said sadly. Oh, how could I say no?!
"Yeah sure," I said giving in.
"Really?" he asked grinning.
"Yeah," I said, smiling.
I put my guitar down and went and flop onto my bed . I felt the bed dip next to me and found Carlo next to me, leaning up against the headboard.
"So," I said closing my eyes, "What do ya want to do?"
He sat there for a while and I opened my eyes to see him looking down at me. "What about, what would you rather?" he suggested locking eyes with me, "I don't know anything about you and you don't know much about me so?"
I was hypnotized by his eyes and whispered, "Alright."
He thought for a second, "Rice cracker or Burger?"
I laughed, shaking my head, "Burger. Umm… Art or sport?"
"Umm... Draw, i couldn't choose," he smiled.
"Really! I thought popular people thought art was for wusses," I teased.
He chuckled, "Well you thought wrong! Popularity or Close friends?"
"Close friends, defiantly," I said surly, "Heavy metal or country music?"
"Country, Heavy metal sucks!" I laughed in surprise. "What? Did I answer wrong or something?" he asked with a frown.
"Oh no," I said quickly, "You're just not what I would expect."
"In a good way?" he asked.
I nodded, "In a good way."
He stared at me intently for a second and then asked, "One night stand or long lasting relationship?"
I blushed and looked down at my hands. I felt him move to face me and he lifted my head up to look at him. He searched my eyes for something and then he said, "Come on, what's wrong?"
I looked into his eyes and whispered, "Long term relationship." He smiled, "Me too." I smiled shyly.

**********************************************************************

Hey! So as I said, the song in here is 'Because of You' by Kelly Clarkson. It's a really good song even though it's a bit sad:( I thought it really sort f showed what she went through. Anyway i hope you lked t and comment and stuff:)

Thanks xx