Prologue

"Please, stop yelling at me!" I begged him as I tried to hold myself together. I felt my tears burning, but I tried to hold it in. I didn't want to look weak.

"I thought I could trust you, how could you?!" He yelled as he sat down on the leather couch which my mom gave me a couple of years ago.

He buried his head in is hands as I heard him sobbing. It stayed silent for a while and I was unsure of what to do. I wanted to comfort him, but I was afraid he would get mad at me.. I walked up to him slowly as I sat down next to him.

"Please Niall, stop it. I hate seeing you cry, you know that. I love you so much, more than you even realize. I'm so sorry, it was so stupid. I was drunk, he was drunk and it was so stupid. And I know that being drunk isn't a good excuse but it's the truth. I regret every piece of it. Please, forgive me I'm so so so sorry."

He didn't react for a couple of minutes, and I was starting to think that he was ignoring me. Suddenly he removed his hands of is head and he looked at me.

Tears stained on his cheeks and his eyes were red. This was heart breaking to see. He looked really hurt, which I understood. But it also broke my heart. I have never seen him this sad. His eyes bored into mine which made me slightly uncomfortable.

"Emma, I loved you so much. And I probably still do. But you've hurt me so much. And from all the people, you kissed my best friend?! How could you? I never knew you were this heartless, Emma Jones. Get out of my face, you disgust me. I never ever want to see you again, understand? Don't text, don't call and don't turn up in front of my house." He spoke bitterly, every word that had slipped past his lips sent a shooting pain through my chest. I looked up from my hands and I locked my sad gaze onto his.

"No, Niall please. I love you, it was one massive mistake and it was so stupid. I'm so sorry. But you can't do this, please!'' Even I was surprised at how broken my voice sounded. Niall must have noticed and for a split second I could've sworn he had hesitated as his long fingers wrapped around the knob.

"Sure, Emma. Goodbye.''' 

I pray to my lucky stars that he would turn around and wrap my in a deep embrace and whisper that it was all going to be okay, but as he opened the door and walked out all hope that I had been keeping bottled up drained out of my body. He left me alone, heart broken. I fell on the ground in despair and cried my eyes out. I lost him. The love of my life.