Chapter 7: A silent thought, a silent tear, always wishing you were here

Can I take the blindfold off now, please?" I begged Niall while he was pushing me forward in the right direction, firmly but gently enough so that I wouldn't trip. He was walking behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist as I felt his hot breath tickle my neck making me shiver a little.

"No, we're almost there!'

I sighed while shaking my head. I hated surprises, I thought he knew that?

The rain was pouring down, which made me shiver even more. Niall tried to keep me warm as he pulled his body even closer to mine.

"Be careful, there's a big puddle in front of you.'' He warned me a little to late because I stepped right in to it, making my legs soaking wet.

"NIALL!" I screamed but I suddenly burst out into laughter.

"This is so stupid, me walking around blindfolded while it's raining like crazy.'' I said laughing.

"That's what makes us so special.'' He whispered, which made me smile from ear to ear.

"There's a door there, wait for me, I'll open it for you, love.” He told me as he let go of me to open the door. It was kinda frighting to be blindfolded, but Niall always succeed in making me feel safe. I suddenly felt two big warm hands shoving around my waist, pushing me softly forward to the door as I entered. I walked in with Niall right behind as he suddenly made me stop.

"Wait here, I'll tell you when it's time to take your blindfold off,”

I stood still as I heard Niall slowly walking away. I was wondering what the big surprise was. Maybe a dinner for two or something?

"You can take it off now, love.'' I heard him saying but I sounded kinda far away. Wow, this must be a really big place. I was really curious so I didn't hesitate and I threw the blindfold off.

""SURPRISEEEE!"" Everyone yelled, while I looked around in shock. My eyes grew wide and I had my hands over my mouth in total disbelief.

""Oh. My god,'' I whispered. Everyone was there. All my family, friends and even his family. They all walked up to me, trying to celebrate me but I was still in shock.

"Did you do all this for me?" I asked Niall as tears of happiness filled my eyes, but I tried to hold them back. He grabbed both of my hands as he nodded, giving me a kiss on my lips. His lips lingered for a second on mine but then he pulled away. He reached in to the left pocket of his jeans, revealing a little small black box.

"Happy Birthday, Emma.” He whispered as he opened the box, showing off a beautiful silver necklace. It was more than beautiful, I fell silent when I saw it.

"Oh my god. Niall, it's beautiful,'' I said in total disbelieve when he carefully took the necklace in his hands, motioning for me to turn around so he could secure the necklace around my neck. It was a silver necklace with a small heart pendant. It was so simple, that what's made it so beautiful.

"I love you so much.'' I said to him while turning around. I felt his hands on my neck as he secured the necklace.

"I love you even more.'' He said as he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain clattering against my window. I squinted my eyes, blinded by the sunlight beaming on to my face. I groaned as I lent down on to my elbows in an attempt to get myself up. It was my birthday, I finally turned 19, which I normally would be excited about but unfortunately I wasn't. I was confused and hurt at the same time. My thoughts immediately brought me back to last night, but I shook my head trying to erase these memories.