Chapter 28: Would you lie with me and just forget the world.

It had been five days since I had flown back to Boston. It had been about eight days since the last time I'd talked to Niall. Eight long days without speaking, seeing or touching him. Tears streaked their way down on my face, leaving translucent trails down my cheeks. I gazed out my window, the dark grey clouds perfectly reflecting my mood right now.

My mind was filled with memories of the day he broke up with me, even how hard I try to forget that moment, it always taunted me. I slipped further into my unconsciousness, trying to forget the painful memory. His tantalizing scent and the way he kissed me, just to make me shut up, are embedded in my mind. I thought I needed time on my own, but in fact I needed him to hold me as the tears streamed down my face. I've been trying so hard to make it all work here so I settle down eventually. But it seemed like the harder I tried my best to make it work, the more my misery increased.

For me, it felt like I'd hit the bottom of the rock and now I had reached a point where I needed to pick myself up and do something, but what? The last five days here had been such a struggle, because my mind tried so hard to move on, but my heart ached for him and with every movement I made, his beautiful voice filled my mind. I was afraid of calling him, did he miss me too? And if he did, why didn't he ever call me back since that night I called him? I'd tried to avoid any kind of social media; I didn't want to read anything about him, afraid of what I would see. As I wiped my tears away, I rang Meredith without even being bothered to check what time it was in England right now.

''Yes?'' Her groggy voice immediately gave it away; it was probably past midnight there.

"Hey, it's me,'' I tried to show confidence in my voice but I failed, my voice cracked.

''What's wrong?" She immediately noticed the slight crack my voice held, even though the phone she unerringly sensed something was wrong.

''I think it was a mistake to go back here, I'm miserable, Meredith,'' I confessed and saying those words out loud, made me both relieved and even more miserable at the same time. I was glad to have someone to tell this to, but it also made me realize even more how lost I was here because I had no one to talk to. I didn't want to annoy my parents with my stupid issues and I didn't fully trust Cindy, she was known as such a gossip queen. I was really thankful that she always tried to cheer me up and it did for maybe an hour until the hurt and loneliness returned.

''Why? What happened?'' Her concerned voice made me glad I had her as my friend. I know I can always count on her and I know she really cares about me. As I told her everything that happened, I wondered how things would have went if I had decided to stay in London. After all, I came here for rest when on the contrary it did the exact opposite. I hadn't realized just how much I had missed his touches until now, and I quickly felt my need for him rise up within me. During the time I'd spend here, the anger I once felt for him had not only toned down, but also got replaced by desperation. But as stubborn as I was, I couldn't bring myself into calling him, because in my opinion he was the one that screwed it up, not me this time.

''Stop being so stubborn Em, it's not worth it.'' Meredith said as if she had just heard all the things I had said in my head.

Taking in a deep breath, I spun around, holding my phone in my hand as I collapsed myself on my bed. ''I know, though I can't help but feel like he's the one who should make things right. If I did call him, it would feel like I'm cleaning up his mess. Does this make any sense?''

''Yes, it does,'' she replied and paused for a second. ''But, you need to man up and stop worrying about what's right or wrong. You need to stop overthinking every single detail, seriously. If he's too much of a coward to call you, you should do it.''

I was scared, afraid, nervous and liberated all at once. It was beginning to get dark outside; the moon was waning and out shined the clouds beneath it. As I laid back onto the soft bed, I closed my eyes and became one with myself. My breathing became slow, but my heart was beating faster than ever before. ''I don't know...,'' I began as Meredith quickly cut me off.