Chapter 30: Assumptions are the termites of relationships.

"Good morning," Niall mumbled, kissing my neck. He sighed as I pulled away from him, silently getting up.

"Don't go," he complained, propping himself up on his elbows. The sheets slid down to his hips, exposing his chest. "It's early, no time to get up yet.''

Stretching out my neck, I took a glance at the clock that was placed on his nightstand. ''It's almost ten. At what time do you guys have that interview?''

He yawned, stretching out his arms, his hands slipping around my waist and as he did that, pulling me back into bed. Laughing, I tried to free myself from his grip, but he was too strong.

''Niaaall,'' I groaned, trying to sound irritated, but I couldn't hide the grin that was plastered on my face.

''Shut up,'' he shushed me, placing his index finger against my lips to silence me. ''And now kiss me.''

I felt his fingers trailing along my thighs, his lips moving hungrily against mine. I kissed him back with as much force, lacing my fingers into his hair. His body lay on top of mine. He rested on his elbows, puttingas little weight on me as possible. Before I let myself totally slip away in this heated kiss, my lips dib away from his, my hands lightly gripping onto his waist.

''I don't want you to be late.''

He groaned, rolling his eyes before he give me one last kiss on my lips. ''You're such a mood killer,'' he jokingly said, a grin playing on his lips as he gently slipped away from me. As he put on his jogging pants, I slipped on some furry socks.

''The interview is at one. What are you going to do, come along or..?'' He asked as he grabbed his phone, opening the door for me so we could both go downstairs.

''I'd rather not, if you don't mind,'' I said as I combed my hair with my fingers. ''I don't want to be in a place like that anytime soon; it reminds me too much of my old job and I don't want to think about that right now. I'll entertain myself.''

He raised his eyebrows as he cupped my chin in his large hand. ''You sure?''

''Yes, it's fine.'' I gave him a quick peck to reassure him.

''Good morning,'' I said to the others, whom were already awake. They all said good morning in unison back as I slipped down into a chair next to Liam. With my gaze focused upon Louis and Harry whom were wildly discussing which orange juice they liked the best, I suddenly felt an arm sneaking around my waist, and soon, Niall's scent filled my nostrils.

''Eggs?'' Harry asked me as he held up a cooking pan to show me the eggs he'd made. I nodded at him before glancing at my phone. I noticed one message from a number I didn't know. Who could that possibly be?

'I went to your house this morning to talk to you, but your mom told me that you were in Australia right now. I really want to talk to you Can you call me back, please? Love, Brian'

What the hell? I thought I made clear to him that I wasn't up for a conversation anytime soon, so why was he contacting me right now? I didn't know he was this desperate. I honestly had nothing to do with him anymore, and I didn't want to have anything to do with him. We were done ages ago. I still didn't understand why, after all this time, he was suddenly trying to crawl back into my arms.

''Is everything alright?'' Niall asked, noticing the confused frown my on my face . I didn't know why, but I quickly locked my phone and shrugged at him, a fake smile on my face to hide the confusion I felt.

''Yes, of course.'' To reassure him, I laid my hand on top of his arm, gently squeezing it. He narrowed his eyes, like he didn't believe it, but he decided to drop it. I wasn't really sure why I lied to him. Well, maybe I was, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Even though he had always insisted otherwise, I knew that he tended to get jealous a lot, and I didn't want him to get jealous over nothing.