Chapter 17: Worry is a misuse of imagination.

Niall's POV

I drove back to my own house when I noticed something strange. I had a feeling someone was following me, because the black car had been behind me since I drove away from Emma's home. I checked the mirror above my head, but I couldn't see who was driving the car. It was probably some paparazzi guy, I thought by myself and immediately sighed. I fixed my gaze on the road again, not being bothered anymore about the black car as I parked my car in the parking lot underneath my house. I looked behind me, thank god I didn't saw the car anymore. Even though it probably was paparazzi, it still gave me an inconvenient feeling.

An ominous feeling crept over me, giving me shivers. I quickly grabbed a pair of sunglasses before getting out of my car. But when I stepped outside, someone grabbed my arm and pinned me against my car.

"What the fuck?" I yelled as the guy glared at me, narrowing his eyes. He threw his elbow in my stomach and I doubled over. I covered my stomach with my hands, moaning in pain as the mysterious guy spoke up.

"I saw you two together,'' he said through clenched teeth. I gave him a confused look as I tried to get up.

''What the fuck men? What are you talking about?" I questioned and his face darkened, anger flashing through his eyes.

"Don't act so dumb, you little fuck. You kissed her, but you shouldn't have done that. She's mine, you asshole. Stop seeing her or else I'll find you and I'll fucking kill you with my own hands,'' he spat, and I knew he wasn't lying. So this was the boy I spoke on the phone earlier. What did Emma do with him? He's fucking dangerous.

"You're not even in a relationship with her, stop acting like she's your property,'' I said calmy, but it only made him more angry. He approached me, grabbing the collar of my shirt in a thight grasp.

"You need to watch out, you have no idea what I can do to you. Just stay away from her, that's all I'm fucking asking.''

I rolled my eyes, even though I felt a little scared. I guessed this pushed him over the edge and he slammed his fist against my jaw and shove his knee into my stomach. He brought his fist up again and it collided with my nose. I collapsed on the ground, blood pouring out of my nose. He pinned me to the ground, slamming his fists repeatedly into my stomach. My vision became blurry before it all went black.

Emma's POV

I practically stormed through the white swing doors; my mind raced as I ran to the desk in the middle of the hospital. I rested my arms on her desk, panting from my quick run. She quickly looked up, adjusting her glasses on the tip of her nose. Dark green eyes peered out from dark rimmed glasses. With her hair up in a bun she looked like a stern ballet teacher, or someone who worked at a library.

"Can I help you, dear?" Her facial expression changed in to a kind one and she gave me a warm smile. I guessed she was nicer than I had expected her to be.

"I - I... I'm looking for Niall Horan, he's supposed to be here,'' I explain to her, an anxious look on my face. She nodded, turned her face towards the computer and scrolled through some pages.

"Ah, I found him. He's at room 11B, floor 2. You're lucky it's visiting hour, you have until 6 o' clock to be with him.'' She scribbled something on a piece of paper and handed it to me. "Here's the number of his room, in case you'll forget it,'' she winked before picking up the phone which had been ringing for a minute already and I quickly thanked her.

The elevator went too slow for my liking and I started getting nervous when I noticed the elevator had stopped on the right floor. I walked through the hallway and spotted Zayn en Louis.