Chapter 23: You never lose by loving.

Yawning, I got up to get out of bed. Well I tried but got caught by two arms which were clenched around my waist, softly pulling me back into bed. 

 ''Just one more minute,'' he said; his voice soft and low as his hands ran along my spine. I smirked at him as I rolled over on my side to face him.

 ''Can't I make breakfast for my boyfriend?''

 ''Your boyfriend?'' he asked, amused as an eager smile appeared on his face. I nodded and stared at him with one eyebrow perked up in a playful manner.  

''Hmm, I can get used to that.'' 

He kissed the tip of my nose before bringing his lips to my ear. My fingertips were pressed into his warm skin as he nibbled on my ear lobe. I felt my heart beat increase as my nails dug into his back. After kissing me slowly, he brought his lips back up to my ear.

''Scrambled eggs with bacon please,'' he whispered and I felt his smile tickling against my skin. I pushed him away, a playful pout on my face as Niall pushed himself up into a sitting position and kicked the blankets away. 

The floor felt really cold as I entered the kitchen and I immediately missed my fluffy slippers that I left at my own place. I hummed to myself as I cracked open two eggs, pouring its contents into a mixing bowl. I swiftly whisked the two eggs together and after being satisfied that the eggs were well mixed, I poured it into a hot frying pan. I love cooking, especially when I make a dish for someone else. The enjoyable expression that appears on people's faces after they take their first bite is so satisfying. I learned cooking from my mom, she is an amazing cook and we used to make dinner together all the time. I miss doing those kinds of things with her, she's such an warm and sweet person; I love spending time with her so being away from her for so long isn't easy at all. 

''Hey babe,” Niall said as he entered the kitchen in only his boxers and a shirt. An almost unnoticeable blush crept upon my cheeks at the sight of him so I quickly turned around, hoping he won't notice it. He came up to me, wrapping his arms around me as he peeked over my shoulder to take a look at the scrambled eggs I was making. He inhaled deeply before resting his chin on my shoulder as we stayed in this position for a couple of minutes. 

 "I've missed your eggs a lot," he spoke up before loosening his grip to grab two plates. I smiled at him before placing the scrambled eggs on both plates. As we both sat down at the kitchen table, I grabbed the newspaper which was laid in front of me. But as soon as I read the headlines, I threw it aside in an angry manner.

 ''When will they stop writing about Jarred? It's not like he killed someone,'' I complained before putting a spoon of scrambled eggs in my mouth. I noticed how Niall's face went slightly pale by me mentioning Jarred and he snatched the newspaper from the table. His facial expressions made me slightly worried and suspicious at the same time.

 ''How exactly did Jarred get off free?'' 

His eyes shot back to me and he rapidly grabbed the pieces of paper together and threw them in the bin. 

''Doesn't matter, it's over now.'' He quickly ate some more so that he wouldn't be able to talk right, how mature. 

''It does matter, I want to know. It's also my business Niall,'' I said sternly, my brows slightly furrowed as I continued to stare at him, waiting for his answer. He rolled his eyes before exhaling deeply. 

''It's nothing honestly; management just didn't want me to tell everyone. They paid off some people with a lot of money to keep their mouths shut and to let Jarred free without any consequences.'' 

 To me it felt like he was holding something back, like he wasn't telling me the whole story. His eyes, which seemed to look at anywhere but me, gave away that he was feeling uncomfortable.