Chapter 3: Big things come in small packages

"Emma, I love you," Niall whispered as he looked me straight in the eye. I loved his eyes, they were so blue and magical. I could look at them all day without getting bored.

"But what about Taylor?" I asked confused.

"Forget her, you are the one I want." He grabbed my hands and kissed them softly.

"You are my dream girl Emma, I don't want anyone else. I've missed you so much, babe."

I hugged him tight as I laid my head in the crook of his neck.

"Will you always stay by my side?" I asked and I felt him nodding.

"Of course babe, I'm not going anywhere." He lifted my chin up and kissed me again.

"Should we wake her up?" I heard a voice suggesting but it sounded really vague. I felt a hand on my shoulder as my eyes fluttered open. I was surrounded by six people who were all looking at me.

"What the heck?" I groaned, not understanding the situation I was currently in. Then I noticed the black walls covered with band posters. Did I really fell asleep in their dressing room?! Too bad my romantic conversation with Niall had been just a dream.

"You were asleep, babe," Louis told me.

"No shit sherlock," I returned which made them laugh. I got up feeling slightly embarrassed. How could I have fallen asleep? Really professional, Emma.

"Are you guys heading home now?" I asked as I noticed their casual outfits.

"Yes, were are you going?" Harry asked.

"Also home I guess, luckily it isn't a long walk," I explained. They all shook their heads except for Taylor and Niall.

"You're not going to walk! It's dark outside, god knows what will happen to you!" Liam exclaimed as he threw his hands in the air. I laughed at his gesture.

"I think I can handle myself, Liam. But thanks for caring about me," I said as I gave him a warm smile.

"No I agree with Liam! You can stay at our flat, our couch is really comfortable!" Louis said as he pointed his finger at me. "You, us, our flat, NOW."

I laughed and shook my head. No way I was going to stay at Niall's.

"Oh my god guys just let her go home. Besides, I also stay at your flat so there's no space for her anyways," Taylor said as she looked at me in an arrogant way. "Don't you agree, Ni?"

We all looked at him which made him slightly uncomfortable. "Uhhh, I.. I don't know. I mean, uhhh she can sleep on our couch I guess?" He finally said. No, no no no no no. But no matter how hard I tried I couldn't convince them that this was a terrible idea. Just my luck.

And here I was, just casually sleeping on One Direction's couch, no biggie. I never thought I would ever see them again after the breakup, but now I was sleeping on their couch. Well, I was trying to sleep on their couch. I just couldn't sleep, knowing that Niall and Taylor were now sharing a bed 2 meters away from me. I thought I was over Niall but I guess I wasn't after all. The way he looks at me still makes my heart melt and I know it's wrong. He moved on a while ago when he asked Taylor to be his girlfriend but I was still living in the past.

My thoughts were brutally disturbed by the sound of a door opening. I heard someone shuffling through the livingroom as I glanced at my phone. It was four in the morning, what the hell? Why would someone get up at this time? It heard some noise coming out of the kitchen as I went up to see who it was. It was pitch dark, but as I squinted my eyes I saw Niall eating ice cream all by himself. He didn't notice me because he was looking at the floor, deep in thought.

"Niall?" I whispered slightly confused. "What are you doing here at four in the morning?"

I guess I scared him because he gasped and fell of his chair. I tried to hold my laughter in, which was a hard thing to do and I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Damn it Emma, you scared me!" He whispered a little angry and I almost immediately regretted laughing at him.

"Sorry Niall, that wasn't my intention." I said in full honest.

"It's okay, don't worry." He smiled at me which made me feel really good. It stayed silent for a while, so I decided to be the first to break the silence.

"Sooo, can you now maybe explain why you're up this early?'

He rubbed his temples as he sighed deep. "I told Taylor who you were, and now she's pissed at me because you're staying at our place."

"Oh, I'm sorry Niall. Maybe I should just go, I don't want to be the reason why you two are fighting." I honestly felt bad about it even though I didn't like them together.

"No Emma, please stay." Niall seemed shocked by his own words but then he gave me an reassuring smile.

"W-what Niall? What d-do you mean?" I stuttered again. Why would he want me to stay? He has Taylor, right?

"Do you remember the times that we ate ice cream in the middle of the night because we both couldn't sleep?" He said and I laughed. Those moments were really special to me. At those times we would just eat ice cream together without saying a word to each other. I always loved doing that.

Niall got up and took my hand. I was a bit taken aback by this but I didn't stop him. He led me to the couch as we both sat down. He put the ice cream down between us so we could both eat out of it. It was such a peaceful moment. We both ate in total silence but not an uncomfortable one. Words would just destroy this vibe. I felt extremely happy right next to him. Please let this moment last forever.