Chapter 4: Our minds want to let go, our hearts just hold on

The bright sunlight shining in my face put an abrupt end to a good night of sleep. I squinted my eyes as I yawned very loud. I looked around confused not knowing where I was. I looked to my right and to my surprise I saw Niall lying beside me on the couch fast asleep. What the hell is going on? T He looked cute though. Wait, no! You can't think like that right now! Everything was completely silent indicating that everyone was still asleep. Thank god because no one can see us like this.

"Niall!" I whispered as I tried to wake him up. He groaned but he didn't open his eyes. "Taylor, leave me alone,'' he replied. I bit my lip feeling slightly uncomfortable. Ofcourse, he's in love with her. Not with me. 

"No, it's me, Emma,'' I said softly. His eyes fluttered open and he looked at me in shock but then he settled down. He obviously remembered what happened last night.

"I think it's better if I go to my room again, I don't want them to get suspiscious," he explained and he walked away. I felt sad knowing that he isn't in love with me anymore. Even though he didn't t said it out loud, it was written all over his face. Deep inside I knew it all along, but I kept on fooling myself that there was still a spark of hope. I must let him go, now matter how hard it is. 

I heard a sound of a door opening and somebody walking into the livingroom.

"Goodmorning, sunshine," Harry said to me as he walked up to me. He was wearing nothing but boxers, which wasn't  an awful thing to watch.

"Goodmorning to you too,'' I replied.

"Agree on pancakes for breakfast?'' He asked. I nodded excitedly, pancakes were my favorite!

"I thought so,'' he said smiling as he walked over to kitchen. I followed him and sat down at the kitchen table. I was still in my work clothes that I had been wearing since the day before, gross. Hopefully I didn't smell too bad. 

"Soooo...,'' Harry began and I gave him a questioning look.

"What's going on between you and a certain Irish boy?" He wiggled his eyebrows as I shook my head.

"There's nothing going on between us two. As you may know, he has a girlfriend.''

He rolled his eyes at my answer.

''Thank's for stating the obvious. But seriously, I'm not blind Emma. I can see the way you look at him. You're still in love with him right?''

I thought about it. Was I still in love with him? Yeah, I did think about him a lot, but it has been a year now since we split up. But I didn't have time to answer Harry because everyone else joined us in the kitchen which made me laugh.

"So that's your magic trick to wake them up? You just fill the entire flat with the delicious smell of your fantastic pancakes,''  I asked jokingly which made them all laugh. He grinned at  me as he brought his face close to mine.

He sniffed with his nose and then said: ''I'm not sure whether it's the smell of my pancakes waking everbody up or that of your clothes that should have been washed yesterday.''

I tried to act as if I was in shock, but I couldn't help myself from bursting out with laughter.

"Cut the crap and let's eat now!" Niall exclaimed impatiently so we all sat down and ate.

"Where's Taylor?" Liam asked and everyone expect Niall sighed.

"Shhht Liam, we are better of without her!''' Louis whispered which made them snicker but they soon went quiet when Niall shot them a death glare.

"I'm here, goodmorning to you too Louis,'' Taylor mocked as she walked in to the kitchen. There was only one chair left which was next to mine and she sat down.

''Are you enjoying the view, Niall?" She spat because Niall sat in front of me. Everyone remained quiet, trying to stay out of this fight. 

"Stop it Taylor, we  already talked about this yesterday,'' Niall said with a deep sigh.  

"Yeah, and I'm still pissed about it. Don't you think it's absurd to invite your ex-girlfriend over? The one who cheated on you and broke your heart!''

I felt my cheeks burning so I tried to cover them with my hands but ofcourse Taylor noticed it.

''Yeah, you better be ashamed. I know what your plan is, you little bitch. You just want to steal my boyfriend, but that's not going to happen. The only reason they invited you over is because they felt sorry for you. Do you honestly think that they like you? How cute,'' she told me and I felt my heart racing.

Don't cry, don't  cry. Even though I tried very hard, I couldn't hold  back my tears. I felt tears rolling down my face as I ran away.  Nobody came after me to comfort me. Taylor was right, they all thought I was a loser.