Chapter 12: Real love can't be built on fake feelings.

Niall's POV

I felt my temperature rising as I faced the two of them, a lump in my throat as they coughed loudly. I was getting breathless of anxiety. I blinked a couple of times as I pinched my arm in an attempt to find out whether or not this was reality. My throat felt extremely dry as I swallowed while the two of them were still waiting for my answer.

"Why?'' Was the only thing I managed to say with a husky voice, causing them to shake their head in empathy. The guy on the left, I guessed his name was Marc, sighed as he gave me a severe look.

"I understand it's not easy Niall, I do. I mean, we all do. But let me tell you something. We have never forced you in a relationship, your relationship with Taylor was, I mean, is real. At first we were a bit suspicious, we thought you two weren't a great match, but who are we to stop you? Exactly. And luckily enough, it worked out. You two are now together for more than 6 months and the media loves you. You two are in every magazine, they love everything about you two. And we don't want that to end. At first you were the silly, blond Irish guy, but you've blossomed into a handsome, confident guy, thanks to Taylor. Everyone talks about your relationship, even the fans like her. Do you understand it, Niall? It's all thanks to her. And now you're ruining it, why? Why would you ruin something so perfect? Only for that girl, Emma? Think about it Niall, she isn't worth it. She would never handle all the fame like Taylor does, she would never understand what it feels like dating a huge celebrity.''

I inhaled deep, trying to comprehend all the things he said as I took a sip of my cold coffee. In some way he was right, even though how hard I wished he wasn't. Taylor handled all the fame really well, unlike Emma who has never had to deal with stuff like that. But why would I care about stuff like that? Wasn't love the most important thing? Because I was pretty sure I wasn't in love with Taylor anymore, but with Emma. Maybe I had never been in love with Taylor, maybe she was only my girlfriend in order to forget Emma. My head started pounding from all these thoughts so I buried my head in my hands to get some rest.

"But... I think I love her,'' I said weak, knowing it meant nothing to them. The only thing they cared about was my career instead of my actual feelings.

"Maybe you do, maybe it's all just a little overwhelming for you. I mean, your feelings for someone never completely dissapear, we understand that. But you can't break up with Taylor, Niall. I mean, for now. It will ruin everything,'' Marc said a little harsher now, showing me that he was running out of patient.  

I felt trapped, there was no way out. I suddenly felt anger rushing through my veins as I clenched my fists into balls, pounding them on the wooden table in anger.

"You can't do that! I'm not happy with Taylor anymore, understand that! I love Emma, I mean I think I love her. You can't force me to stay with Taylor if I don't want to, it's my decision after all," I stated feeling really confident, but that soon disappeared as I saw the mischievous smile on their faces.

"Unfortunately we can Niall, we actually can. Now we're being really nice to you, 

but you really don't want to make us mad," Marc threatened, but it had no impact on me. It made me even more furious and I tried as hard as I could to hold my anger in. I was now squeezing my fists so hard that my knuckles turned white, but I didn't feel the pain. All I felt was anger, but I also felt defeated because they won.

"Can I at least still talk to Emma?" I asked with a small voice, afraid of what the answer would be. They thought about it for a while and I patiently waited for them to answer.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Niall. But if that's the only thing you ask for, and you will stay with Taylor, maybe we can figure something out. But under the condition that you only see her when the other boys are also around. And it's just a friendship between you an Emma, just a friendship,'' Marc made clear as I heaved a sigh of relief. Even though I still hated this situation, I still had a chance to speak to Emma.

~

"They're crazy!'' Louis gave me an indignant reply after I told them everything. I nodded heavily as I plumped down on our velvet blue couch.

"I know right, it's disgusting. But I can't do anything about it,'' I said with a sad voice. Liam patted me on the back, trying to calm me down as he sat down next to me.

"Where's Taylor?" I suddenly asked, wondering where she was because she had been staying with us since yesterday.

"I'm here,'' she said quietly as she entered the room, only wearing a dressing gown and her hair soaking wet. I was startled by her as she entered the room. I gave the guys an anxcious look, but Zayn shook his head.

"She was in the shower, upstairs,'' he whispered to me and I sighed in relief.

"Hi babe,'' I said softly as I stood up to approach her, feeling slightly uncomfortable as I wrapped my arms around her waist because it just didn't feel right. She embraced me very tightly as she placed her head in the crook of my neck. She sighed happily but to me it felt so weird, even though I couldn't describe why.

"Let's just forget about yesterday, alright?" She whispered in my neck, kissing it slightly, causing me to shiver. I wanted to scream and shout, I wanted to tell her I fell out of love with her, but I couldn't. I suddenly felt sorry for her because I had betrayed her. Because I was faking my love for her right now, she didn't deserve this.

"Yes, let's forget it,'' I murmured back, trying to hold back the tears as I gave her a small peck on the lips. I felt so sorry for her, but I couldn't do anything about it. The only thing I thought about right now was Emma.

"It's going to be okay, love,'' I whispered in her ear, hugging her from behind in an attempt to comfort her. She sighed, wiping away her tears as she turned around, pulling me close as she wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.

"I'm so scared, Ni,'' she whispered back, the tears streaming down her face. I felt so sorry for her. I wished I could do something, I wanted to help her but I couldn't. The only thing I could was comfort her, telling her it was going to be okay even though I also wasn't sure about that.

"Em, it's a coma, remember that. She isn't dead, she's such a strong girl. Never lose hope, Em. That's important. I'm here for you, you know that right?" I said as I caressed her cheek softly, my eyes intense as they gazed into hers. She nodded softly as she gave me a peck on my cheek. She buried her head in the crook of my neck, peppering it with kisses.

"I know, but I'm so afraid of losing her. Thanks for being here with me, you have no idea how much this means to me, really. I love you so much,'' she said in all honesty, making me smile. I grinned proudly as I wrapped my arms around her waist, swinging her around in the air. A giggle escaped her mouth as I let go of her.

"I love you so much,'' I said smiling.

"I love you too.''

"Niall?" Taylor asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I winked a couple of times, a little confused as my vision became clear.

"Sorry love, I was deep in thoughts I guess,'' I apologized, giving her a kiss on the lips as I smiled, thinking about Emma again. I remembered that day like it was yesterday; it was so special to me and so beautiful. That day was the first day I realised how much I loved her, but it was also a very depressing day because Eliza died a week later. Although it made me realise that I could never live without Emma, that time had been so hard for the both of us. I love her so much.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the long wait! I've been kinda busy and I just didn't know what to write! But yay, new chapter now! Please vote and comment if you want to and you're reading this, because that means a lot to me and it motivates me to keep writing because I loveee reading lovely comments! But yeah, not forcing you ofcourse, only if you want to! I love you all! Oh btw, I was thinking of a shipping name for Emma and Niall, but I'm not sure haha, Nemma, Emiall? Hmmm, sounds weird hahaa! If you have a suggesting, let me know! :)

xoxo