A Failed Attempt

It was about eight at night when I got back to the boarding house after packing my things. I parked my car, opening the trunk to get my stuff when I felt a presence behind me. Just by the rush of air, I already knew that it was Damon.

"Need help?" he finally said after watching me struggle for a little. Alaric had obviously been too kind to do this for me when I was leaving Elena's.

"Hold on. I want to try something." I said, leaving Damon with a curious expression.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, holding my arms out in front of me. I slowly raised them higher, up to my shoulder. When I opened my eyes, I smiled as I saw my bags levitating in the air. My gaze flickered to Damon, who was furrowing his eyebrows, staring at the floating duffel bags. I slowly began walking to the door of the boarding house, hands still held in front of me. I could hear Damon following me from behind. Once I was in front of the stairs, I flicked my hands upwards, sending my bags flying up the stairs on the top step.

I dropped my hands to the ground, smirking as I turned around. I spotted Damon giving me a questioning look before walking over to his alcohol stash. I shook my head, walking over to the couch and flopping down on it. I stared up at the ceiling deep in thought. I don't know what I should do with my life. I like him, but I'm still mad at him for leaving me. I don't know if I even should forgive him. All I do know, is that I am confused! I didn't even realize Damon was waking over to the couch until he cleared his throat.

"Move over." he said, gesturing for me to move with his hands.

"There is an armchair right there." I said irritated.

"What's got you all annoyed?" he asked, confusion filling his face. He raised my legs up, sitting down before placing my legs on his lap. The backs of my knees were resting on his thighs.

"Nothing." I lied, not trying to hide my sigh.

"I always know when you're lying." he said, determined.

"Glad to know." I mumbled, not taking my eyes off of the ceiling. I definitely don't want to have this conversation with him.

"What are you not telling me? What's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" he rambled on, concerned.

"Nothing is wrong. I just don't want to talk about it, especially not with you."

"I'm so offended." he said, clutching his chest where his heart is. "But really, what's bothering you?"

Before I could answer, there was a knock at the door. I looked at Damon in a way that told him that he was going to have to get it. I honestly did not feel like getting up. When he returned, I mentally scowled when I saw his arm around Andie. Damon sat on the armchair across from me, letting Andie sit on his lap with her arm around his neck. He brought her lips to his with hand on her cheek. Ugh.

As if on cue, Stefan came waltzing into the living room, sitting exactly how Damon sat before he answered the door. He leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on my lips which I'm sure made Damon jealous. I could almost feel Damon's glare and I started smiling in victory. He leaned in again, the kiss lasting longer this time.

After a moment, he pulled away, smiling genuinely. "Hey." he said softly.

"Hi." I whispered softly. We were fooling Damon so well. I couldn't help but feel proud. Ah, I'm such a terrible person.

I don't know if it was my imagination or reality, but I think I saw Damon's eyes roll. I smirked mischievously. Stefan probably saw it too because he had a ghost of a smile on his face.