Reservations

I was currently straightening my hair, ready to go out go dinner with Damon. It was kind of wild and spontaneous when he randomly asked me. Me, being the gullible person that I am, agreed to go.

I was dressed in a white, thin-strapped dress that flowed down to my knees which I was planning to wear with my equally white high heels. Damon insisted that I wore something fancy although I really wasn't feeling like it. I mean, I'm pregnant for crying out loud! I should be allowed to go out in sweatpants if I wanted to. I didn't really know what the big deal was.

After successfully straightening my hair, I applied a touch of makeup. Finally after my eyes were rimmed in black and my lips were glossed, kissable soft, I was ready to go meet Damon downstairs.

Carefully, trying not to trip in my high heels, I walked down the stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life. When I was about halfway down the stairs, Damon came into view, looking a bit annoyed, along with Stefan and Elena.

Right now, I couldn't even pay attention to them, for I was focusing on just Damon. He was dressed in a navy blue suit and tie with a sky blue dress shirt underneath. His raven hair was left naturally messy, falling into his face, just how I liked it. I couldn't help but smile as I neared him, almost all the way down the stairs. He stepped up, holding out a hand to me as I walked closer to him. I took his soft hand in mine and he helped me down the last few steps, making sure that I didn't trip. My knight in shining armor.

He smiled brightly at me, something of which he seldom did. He had the type of smile that could draw anyone in, drive anyone crazy. His smile could make you smile back no matter how depressed or angry you might be. I returned the smile, linking my arm in his as we faced Stefan and Elena. In other words, Stelena.

Stefan's attire was similar to Damon's, very formal. He was wearing a black suit and tie with a white dress shirt inside. Elena was wearing a tight, black dress that ended in the middle of her thigh, showing off a lot of her skin. Her lips were colored a bright red, bringing more attention to her face than to her body. Her and Stefan looked so cute together. The matched like two piece to a puzzle. They were each other's puzzle.

"Sorry, sweetheart. They insisted on coming." Damon said, not trying to hide the glare that he was directing towards them. I elbowed his side, snapping him out of his glare.

"It's fine, Damon. They can come." I said, flashing them a smile, which they kindly returned. I looked up to Damon to see that he had somewhat of a wince on his face.

"Alright, let's go." he said, leading me to the door with Stefan doing the same to Elena behind us.

Why was Damon acting like a prick? This was just dinner, nothing special. He shouldn't be acting so hostile to his brother and especially not to Elena. Maybe he was just a bit cranky. But by what? He's had a pretty peaceful week, nothing could've caused him to suddenly act this way. I brushed it off, looking forward to enjoying the night as I got into his car.  

-- 

Wow. All I could think was wow. The restaurant that Damon took us to was just exquisite. The tables were all glass, engraved with simple designs on the edges which seemed to capture my eye more than the elegant chandelier that was hanging dead-center in the middle of the room. The waiters and waitresses were dressed top-notch which seemed to add on to the wonders of this place. My eyes glanced over to Elena, who was shocked, much like me.

I hadn't even realized that my jaw was hanging until Damon lifted my head up by my chin to look at him, which caused my mouth to close. He smiled down at me, even though I was wearing high heels, I was still a bit shorter than him.