The Rescue

*3rd Person's POV*

The moment Allie had been dreading had finally happened and it was all over in a matter of seconds. Katherine had twisted her neck at an absurd angle, causing it to snap. A satisfied smirk appeared on her face as she watched the 17-year-old redhead fall to the ground, dead.

Everyone was at the boarding house. Everyone. Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Alaric, Jeremy, Natalie, Damon, Stefan and even the Originals were there, contributing ideas for a plan to save their dear Allie. Even though they looked calm, they obviously weren't. How could they be? Mikael, the vampire who hunts vampires, had taken her, using her as a hostage.

"I say we just go to the damn cellar and get her back!" Damon growled impatiently. He was angry. No, he was more than angry. He was livid, and he had the right to be. Because of those pesky Originals, his fiancé was taken away from him. He couldn't even bear to think about what Mikael could be doing to her.

"I agree. We only have two hours and we can't afford to waste any more time." Damon's best friend, Alaric, stated.

"Yeah, we have him outnumbered 12 to 1. He won't stand a chance." Jeremy said as he grabbed his crossbow.

"Hold on, Gilbert boy." Klaus finally spoke. "He's much stronger than the average vampires you're used to dealing with. A simple crossbow would only be a mere distraction to him."

"But Klaus, you're stronger than him... right?" Elena's worried voice asked. Everyone could tell she was scared, but they didn't acknowledge it.

"Just barely... but we can take him. Elijah, do you have it?" the hybrid asked his brother.

The formal-looking Original reached into his suit pocket, pulling it out. A stake, but not just any stake. The white oak stake. They all knew immediately what it was, flinching at its presence. This here was the only stake capable to kill an Original.

"Let's go."

Katherine exited the Lockwood Cellar, smirking victoriously as she neared the thousand-year-old vampire. Mikael was leaning against a tree, looking out into the dark forest, waiting for the attack. For once, tonight was the night he will finally kill those abominations.

"What do you want, Katerina?" he said in an annoyed tone, not even bothering to look in her direction.

"Ooh, touchy, I see. Are you nervous that your own children might find a way to defeat you tonight?" she smirked, moving closer to him. He glared at her, a low growl escaping his throat.

"I don't think I'll be needing you anymore." he told her as he swiftly snapped her neck. There was a satisfying crack before her lifeless body fell to the ground.

It will be a couple hours before she awakes, buying me enough time to get this done, he thought as he walked back towards the cellar. Mikael's eyes widened at the sight before him. Down, slumped on the floor, was his granddaughter's limp body. He face was pale and he neck was twisted at an odd angle.

He didn't know what was happening to him. For the first time in a thousand years, his eyes were stinging. He blinked at a rapid pace, trying to stop the sting, but it was no use. Clear liquid fell from his eyes, shocking him greatly. What is it about this girl that is causing tears to fall from his eyes? She was that fool's daughter. Klaus's. He wasn't even his son. Esther, his wife, had made him with another man. A man from a werewolf bloodline.

As he was slumped over his granddaughter's body, there was a sudden crash. His body whipped around, looking for the source of the sound. He cautiously stepped closer to the door, arming himself with a crossbow that was equipped with wooden stakes and bits of White Oak.