Dinner with the Vampires

Why am I falling in love with someone I just met?

-

I take a shower and dry my hair. As I'm getting my pajamas on, there's a knock on my window. Confused, I walk up to the window, pushing it up hard.

"Hey babe, you miss me?", Damon said on the other side of the window. He was hanging onto a tree, leaning close to the window.

I shake my head at his cockiness. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm waiting for you to invite me in. I have splinters stuck in my ass and wood doesn't agree with vampires."

"Like I'd invite a vampire to a place where I sleep." I raised my eyebrows.

"Come on, I'm not gonna rape you!" he argued.

I was taken back by the comment, but I ignored it.

"Why are you here?"

"Visiting my bestie."

"Damon..." I warned.

"Allie..." he mimicked.

"Tell me what you really came here for or I'm going to push you off the tree."

"Fine, Stefan has some dinner planned for everyone tonight and I was wondering if you'd come."

"You... Inviting me..." I said slowly.

"Come on, don't be like that. I'm trying to be nice. Just so you know, I'm rarely like this." He smirked. "So are you coming?"

I sighed. "Whatever, this sounds like a 'couples night'." I say, looking into Damon's icy, blue eyes. "And I'll look pathetic going alone."

"Well I guess I won't have a date either, if you won't come."

"I was your date for tonight?"

"Of course." Damon said in a decisive way.

I closed my eyes, thinking about the tingles that I felt when he touched my arm earlier.

"Okay, I'll go."

Damon's lip curled up into a half smile. I gave him a small smile as well.

"So what am I even supposed to wear?" I asked.

He thought for a moment before starting. "Open your closet."

I have him a skeptical look.

"Don't worry, princess, I'll be right here, allowing my butt to get pierced by wood." He winced.

I walked over to my closet and opened the door, allowing him to get a view of some of the dresses hung up.

He looked for a moment before deciding.

"You should wear the red one." he said.

I pulled it off the hanger and held it up in front of my mirror. Oh goodness.

"I don't even know why I have that in my closet! It reveals so much of my skin, and I can't go having dinner with vampires in this dress."

"Look, I'm not one to get a sentimental and sweet. But I promise you that you won't get hurt, if that's what you're worried about."

I turned to look at him, he smiled.

I believed him. And I trust him. I just smile and nod, taking the dress to the bathroom. I slip off my pajamas and get into the dress. Crap, I can't reach the zipper. How cliché?

I already know that Damon will be overjoyed to zip up the dress. He thinks of everything more than in actually is. But right now, I kinda had no choice. I walk out of the bathroom, surprised that Damon actually stayed to wait for me. He made a sound affect with his mouth.