Chapter 7 'our scores'

I returned to the waiting room I once was in and sat back down. I waited for what seemed like forever only to hear, "YouTuber Stampylonghead 7 million?" I heard a man say over the loud speaker. I sighed. He was probably going to die on the first day.... "No I must have faith in my Joey." I say nodding. "But he's far too kind to kill anybody." I say face palming. I heard my conscience tell me "Sqaishey expect the unexpected but now I was only wondering why they said how many subs he had when they were paging him.

        Stampy's pov,
                                   I walked into the arena, "Alright Joseph it's time to show these game makers what Stampylongnose can do." I say heading for a sword. "Can I replicate it?" I ask myself looking at the dummy. I toss the sword a little in my hand and swipe! "Right through the head again!!" I shout covering my mouth realizing they can hear me. I look to the game makers, most of them look a bit discouraged a few look impressed. "I'll take it." I say under my breath. I walk to the knives next, I knew exactly what to do. I grab one small and not to sharp knife. I hold it in my left hand and start to climb. Last time I held two knives but I was getting the hang of this now. I climbed the easy bit fast taking a little longer to put my legs into place. I felt all of the game makers eyes looking at my scrawny toothpick of a body. Their eyes literally burned into my soul but I continued to climb. I hit the tricky part, right where you start going upside down.

               As I went upside down a felt a little woozy. The sick feeling plus the burning sensation of all of their eyes. I pass the ceiling and start climbing down. I stretch my legs back and my arms forward that's when it happens... My legs flip towards the front of me. "No no!!" I say holding on. My conscience keeps telling me either Cat hold on!! Or Cat what do you have to loose. And well I don't know whose side I'm on now!! I hang until I have the guts, I pull my legs up and stick my knife further in the rope. I start climbing down again and I'm finally off. When I'm on the steady ground I slide the knife into the holder. I walk back into the room I despise since I'm just a bit.... How do I put it claustrophobic....

                   Back to Sqaishey

         A peacekeeper walks into the room and grabs my arm tightly. I hesitate to stand then he or she yanks. I'm pulled out into a formation with the other tributes and then I realize just how many I'm up against. I notice DanTdm, Ihascupquake and GamingwithJen. I didn't notice a lot of them before in training? I probably was focused on getting a good reputation here. Then my eyes flicker to Squiddy he's talking to AshDubh and Popularmmos. Is this an alliance forming already? My mind asks me, of course I wouldn't know! Me, Lion, Stampy and Netty are escorted into a large room and we are mentioned to sit. Besides us sits our stylists and mentors. Apparently Stampy and Netty shared the same mentor? Probably a sibling thing... Lion's mentor is a woman with long grayish brown hair. She has a big scar by her eye and has HUGE shoulders but of course being me I definitely didn't mention anything. And the stylists were here too. Stampy's stylist was a young man with windswept blonde hair. Man he looked like a super model. Neither Lion or Netty's stylist stood out to me, Lion's kinda looked like a old librarian. I laughed as I thought this which was probably a bad choice because she gave me a look so dirty it looked like it needed more than dusting.

The tv was turned on and a man with a long brown ponytail was revealing the scores "Popularmmos from district 1 with a score of 8..... Aphmau from district 1 score of 9....." He kept saying scores on and on quite frankly a lot were nines or sevens although Amy surprised me with her 9. "Stampylonghead from district 12 with a score of 7...." I was glad to hear he got a 7 "Not too bad cat!" I say giving him a shiny smile. Lionmaker from district 12.... Score of 9 Netty plays from district 12 score of.... 7...." The man pauses." Sqaishey Quack from district 12 score of..... 12!" He shouted. I nearly faint. "12?! 12!!! The miracle duck has returned!!!" Stampy shouts giving me a python hug. "She's more than just a miracle duck!! She's the shocker!!!" Sarah shouts. Even 'Haymitch'smiles deep beneath his straight face.

I could tell Sarah was making a reference to Katniss's nickname in the games The Girl On Fire!!!! And to tell you I quite liked it. "The shocker...." I mumble and then smile.