Chapter 24 "Sacrifice."

Stampy's pov....
Squid looked generally terrified. Everybody ran as fast as they could. I heard the sound of a bow being shot. I whipped my head around only to see that more people had joined in on Sky's ambush. Aphmau, Ihascupquake and LDshadowlady. Have they made a group? I grabbed hands with Netty and Sqaishey. Squid was the fastest so he was in the front. Ash was bringing up the rear. I wanted him to join our little line, but he seemed too focused. I could still see our pursuers further back.. Sky was getting closer.. Just then.. In an adrenaline rush, I looked just in time to see the throw of a sword! It was aimed at.. Sqaishey. I shut my eyes, thinking the worst.. But when they opened, Sqaishey was still running beside me, gripping my cold hand. I peered back.. It was Ash.. It.. It hit Ash. I'm positive that he must've saved her..
Nobody else seemed to notice... Not Squid, not Sqaishey, nobody but me. The pack who was chasing us seemed to stop. They seemed to be distracted at their kill... What are they, wolves? I could see them strip him of his supplies and then run the other way... "They.. They're gone!" I say, halting to a stop. Everyone else stopped.

"Wait... Where's Ash?" Netty asked, looking around. Then, Sqaishey covered her mouth in shock and ran back towards where the others were. We followed. She and Netty knelt before Ash. Who was still alive. I looked back to Squid, who couldn't cry anymore, he'd run out of tears to shed. Sqaishey and Netty weren't crying, but they looked very distressed. The sword that one of them threw was lodged in his back. I'm no doctor.. Could someone live like that? I mean.. It didn't hit his heart.. As far as I know at least. His shirt was ripped and was soaked with fresh blood.
"Does anyone have any sort of bandages?! Something!?" Netty asked, but to no good reply. Ash was breathing heavily, he coughed and the blood seemed to exit faster. "Buddy..", Squid paused. "You're too nice for your own good..." Squid finished.
"Heh.. What can I say..? I do what I do f-for.. *hack* the greater good, y'know?" He replied. He still had a smile on his face, well not a big toothy one.. But it looked as like it was one of those expressions you use on an overall good day. Sqaishey gently pulled the sword out. "Oh geez.. Thanks.." He muttered. He tried to sit up, he winced.
"No no no.. Ash.. You've got to stay here.. You'll hurt yourself." Netty said, almost whispering.
"Heh.. Sorry Netty.. Despite my name, Fearadubh. I'm not afraid." Ash said. I wanted so badly to say something.. But it was as if my mouth was frozen shut.
He managed to sit up. "Ash..", Squid began to say. "No, Squid. I'm strong, this.. T-this is nothing. As my closest friend, you should understand that." Ash interrupted. Squid sighed. "I understand..." Squid said softly, with a snark tone of voice.
He even managed to stand. I don't understand this.. He began to limp where we were running to.
He turned. "A-are you guys coming?", he asked.... There was a long silence. "Yes. Yes we are." Sqaishey said beginning to walk over towards him. We all followed. I was scared for Ash... He has a large open wound on his back and is walking around like he's fine. He's just about the bravest person I've ever seen.. He.. Saved Sqaishey.. I shed a tear or two just thinking about that. "Ash.", I paused. "Y-yeah? What's *clears throat.* up?" He asked. "Thank you.", I said.
"For what?" He replied. "You saved Sqaishey.", "thank you." I finished. "Actually.. I'm the one who should be saying thank you. You... You're so brave, Ash." Sqaishey said hugging him tightly. "Ack.. Thank you but.. Heh.. C-could you please tone it down a b-bit?" He asked. "Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry." Sqaishey replied, letting go as soon as she did. She looked at her hands.. They had blood all over them from touching his back. "S-sorry.." Ash mumbled. "It's alright. Don't mention it." Sqaishey said wiping it off with her wool jacket.

I noticed however.. That when we were saying our thanks to Ash for saving her.. He.. Squid.. Turned away... He looked mad.. Furious even... Maybe I should speak with him... Well, not now anyway.. Not in our current situation.
Anyways.. Netty looks very concerned.. It must be because of Ash. She really wants him to get something- anything over that wound. She was always a bit squeamish about blood..

We walked onwards.. Not knowing exactly where we were heading. Just then.. I heard something.. Like a buzzing.. Or, humming sensation in my ear... The further we went, the louder it was... Then.. I could see a small little square.. Green.. Very bright.. But nearly invisible... "Wait...", I heard Sqaishey say. "Do you see that?" Sqaishey asked pointing at the little green square. "Are you talking about the square?" I asked.
"Yes! The square! What is it?" She asked. "What square?" Netty asked. "Yeah.. I see nothing.." Squid said. Ash kept on walking.
"Wait, Ash maybe you should-" I was interrupted by the sound of a blast.. And the sight of Ash being thrown back in our direction. I knew very well where we are.. Right at the force field.