Chapter 29 "unknown volunteer."

Sqaishey's pov....
This can't be happening.. This CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I collapsed near a thin tree out of mental and physical exhaustion. "No.. Nonononono!!" I cried. I cried and I cried until it hurt my eyes to continue crying.. "Tough luck, huh?" Somebody said sitting next to me. Ssundee... I just looked at him. He stared back at me right in the eyes, his eyes were very very blue now that I think about it. "I can't just let him go and focus on winning.." I managed. Sundee nodded. "I wanted to tell you a couple things, though.... Did you know that... He.. Wasn't the only one to volunteer...", Sundee paused. "Wait... What?" I questioned.. Who was he referring to? "Did you know that I volunteered for Sparklez?" He asked. I never knew this... I was never really focused on the other tributes at all now that I think about it... "No.. No I didn't." I say, almost whispering.
"Uh.. Sqaishey.." he muttered. "What?" I ask. "I don't know if you realized this but... Only one canon fired when... Uh.. You know.." Sundee said, trying to motion it with his hands. "...." I was trying to process what this blue eyed, unknown volunteer had just told me... "There was only one canon!?" I shriek. "Why didn't you say so! That means.. He could be still alive!" I said, springing to my feet. Sundee seemed at a loss for words. "Come on! We need to go back!" I yelled, trying to pull him along with me. "Sqaishey.. Slow down.. What if-" There was a scream, this stoped Sundee's speech. "Crainer!!!!!" He ran into a full on sprint towards the direction of the scream. I followed. Whatever just happened, it's not going to be good.

And there... In a small clearing.. Was Crainer. "Crainer... Crainer, god no.." Sundee kneeled before Crainer.. Crainer's legs were barely attached to his body. It appears as if he must've stepped on a landmine. "It's fine, Sundee. Stop being so.. Emotional." Crainer responded, weakly. I stood and watched.. I had no clue what I would say.. "Crainer, really?" Sundee asked, wiping tears from hsi face. "Well... At least this time.. It's not a troll, huh?" Crainer said with a cough. I don't think Sundee took it the same way that Crainer did. Sundee was still kneeling. His legs looked like they were going to snap at any moment. "Well.. Uh.. *Hack!*,", he coughed up some blood but continued. "W-watch where you step, guys.. Wouldn't want you getting in the same pickle I am in.." He said. Sundee just looked at him. "If you make it outta this, Sundee.. Promise me one thing?" He asked. "A..Anything.." Sundee said looking at him seriously. "Give Sparklez the troll of his life.. For my sake." Crainer said with a laugh.

       Then... A canon fired.