Chapter 22 "Smart"

IballisticSquid's pov....
"So.. What are you gonna do about it?" Sky asks. Just as he asks, a canon fires. "Heh.." He mutters.
            "Like you said.. Tom didn't deserve that. He deserves vengeance." I say, snatching the gun right out of his hands. "Now that's more like it!" Sky nodded in agreement. For years.. Tom was bullied, pointed at.. Considered... "weird". I was always the one.. The one who would bring him back up to his feet.. Make him smile when he was down.. I remember helping him the first time something bad got caught in his eye. Yeah.. He didn't have any eyelashes. But now... He's gone. The one brother in which I had to protect.. Was gone. First Nicole... Now Tom! For all I know, Sqaishey killed her, too! If I was going to avenge Tom... She.. She needed to die... The games need... To go on. Another canon blared, and another. Something real bad was going on out there.. But nothing compared to what was happening NOW. "I need to go..", I said, giving Sky one last glance. "Do it for Tom, Squid." He said. I nodded, and hurried off. I ran back to the group, breathing heavily, I bet they couldn't even tell that I'd been crying. "I'm guessing you didn't find him?" Netty asks. I nod. "I'm sure he's fine...", Sqaishey said.
           After she so much as opened her mouth I wanted to bash her skull in!
Oh god... What has become of me?
"But we need to go! We're nothing but exposed out here." Stampy said. "But it's not like we can leave Tom behind!" Ash said. "He's... He's probably fine.. Like Sqaishey said." I said, almost a whisper. Sqaishey reacted to this with almost a relieved face! How dare she!? "I did find a place in a nearby woods with what looked like a pond.. Maybe there would be a good choice? Eh?" Netty asks. We all nod, except for Ash. "So it's settled. Let's go, then." Stampy says. We all began to walk away with Netty in the lead and Ash bringing up the rear.

FearaDubh's (Ash's pov...)
This didn't feel right.. This really didn't feel right.. Tom.. I think something bad happened. But of course, I'm not one to tell a whole group off. The desert wasn't really as big as I thought it was gonna be.. Heh.. Guess the whole, "arena" thing is playing with my mind. Before we knew it, we were back in the woods. I pulled out my bow, I was a particularly good shot. But I knew that Squid was better. I shot down a bird from the sky. Sqaishey widened her eyes.
        "What? I was hungry.." I say grabbing it and pulling out the arrow. Surprisingly, there wasn't any blood on the tip of the arrow.. Probably one of the developed creatures of the games.. "This is a perfect opportunity to cook a fi-" I got interrupted with a beeping noise. "What's that?" Squid asked as something fell from the sky. "I think it's a sponsor drop.." Netty says.
         "But for who?" Stampy chimes in. "Let's take a look.." I say and untangle the parachute from the trees. I read the inscription. "For.. Me! Ha! Yes!" I say opening it up. "Matches! Perfect timing sponsors!" I say giving a thumbs up to some invisible audience. I begin to make a small fire pit. I try to light the match into the pit. Didn't work after two attempts. "Here. Give it here." Stampy says mentioning for the box. He pulls out a match and it lights, slowly but surely getting the fire started. "I was a Boy Scout." Stampy said with a laugh. I roasted the meat over the fire, as I did, I gave Squid a quick glance. He.. He was looking at Sqaishey. But not just a normal glance.. A squint. Almost as if he were watching her every move. "Squid? You okay, buddy?" I ask. He seems to snap back into reality.
              "Oh? Oh yeah.. I'm fine." He says. He lowers his eyes to the light of the fire. All of a sudden.. It begins to pour. "Ugh.. Now?" I ask nobody in particular. Stampy looked more freaked out than the rest of us. Heh.. Not only is he a "cat" but he doesn't actually like water. Coinkidink! "Just don't drink it.", Netty pauses. "It's acid for all we know." She finishes. "Smart." Stampy says. We sat there in the rain.. Not knowing what comes next...