Chapter 31 "My wings." The end.

Sqaishey's pov....
The laugh echoed throughout the entire building. I suppose that glass has that effect... "Show yourself!" I shouted. Although I knew exactly who this must be and everyone must have found that question VERY idiotic. "Well.. If you insist!" After that.. Something quick and sharp flew through all of the descending floors below! The glass began to crack. . . . "Go! Go! Go! Get to the ladder! The glass is shattering!!" Alex and Sundee screamed in unison. Our trio ran.. But then, somebody tripped. "Help! Wait!" Alex screeched. She was hanging onto the glass ledge with a bloody hand. It must hurt..... I tried to run to her aid but Sundee held me back. "I'll get her. You get to the ladder." He said, pursuing the hanging Alex. I had not a moment to argue. I ran in the direction of the ladder right in front of the break-line.

     The only way to get to the ladder now was over a huge gap.. Due to how many floors we went up, any fall now would be fatal. "I.. I can make it." I said, giving that extra dose of hope. Then.. I jumped..

..... Everything then happened in slow motion... The leap...
          The fall....
Everything.
           I just didn't quite make it did I?
I expected my wings, which were shown by electricity to catch air and fly up.. Up so high that I'd be out of harm's way forever and ever.....
    But they didn't....
I braced myself for the denouement... For the end to come.... But it didn't!

    I landed in a familiar grasp.. One of which I desired ever since his fall... It was him! I looked at him. "Joe!!" I shouted, wrapping my arms around him.
I then got a stark realization... He was terribly injured. "Oh... Oh dear.. S-Stampy. You're hurt." I said.. Hopping out of his arms. "That doesn't matter right now.. W-what matters is that." He pointed to the down-broken tower.
    There's no way they got through that.. I thought. The entire middle part, the part we were on... Was gone. I shook my head in distress. "Sky is up there." I said. "And I don't think he's coming down until we're dead." I added. "W-well... If.. He's not coming down.. Then I suppose we need to go up." Stampy said. "How are we supposed to-" I think Stampy was going to solve that for me. He pointed to the ladder. "I have an idea." He said.

We began to climb the ladder. My best friend slightly below was clearly in pain.... But he persevered up. I had made it right where we wanted to be. Stampy was still behind. "Well well well...", he said. Sky was here indeed. "It's little miss survivor. How didn't that kill you?" He asked. "I had help." I replied. It appears he knew instantly what I meant.
         "Where is he?" Sky asked with a spin of his Katana. "Be more specific, Sky." I said. This seemed to anger him. "Where is your friend, Stampy!?" He shouted. Just the way he said it made me wonder if Stampy was setting up his plan.. "He's still helping me." I said.
      "I've had it with you! I've been far.. Far too patient! Just let me win already!" He yelled. "Why would I do that!?" I asked. He sighed. "Sqaishey, everyone's made sacrifices for you.. Don't you realize that!?" He shrieked. He acted as if I was oblivious to practically everything! "What do you mean...?" I asked.
         "You still don't get it.... You're special. You really are, Sqaishey. Everyone secretly knew that you were this way. 12. Doesn't it all add up? Everyone knew that you.. Were the strongest. The one that nobody could compare to." Sky said, with a face that sold it all. "Even you?" I asked.
      "Heh.. Well.. Unlike them, I was different. I knew I could beat you if I tried. And for a moment I thought I did! Then your boyfriend had to go and ruin it." He said. I really wanted to say "he's not my boyfriend." But that wouldn't solve anything. "Sqaishey Quack I'm done with your games." He said.
      "You can't do anything!" I heard Stampy shout. He was up! "Heh.. And you can? First I'll kill her. Then you." Sky said with a chuckle. I backed up slightly, but halted at the edge. "And I think I'll do it... Now!" He rushed over before my instincts even kicked in! He held me by my neck over the edge nearly falling off himself! He was hanging onto a pillar! We.. We were both going down! Please tell me Stampy is ready with his 'plan'.
                  "N-No! Put.. P-put her down!!" He yelled. "What are you gonna do? Huh? You attack me and we're both falling." Sky said, smiling. I was choking. I.. Can't take this! I then had an idea myself!

I made a small motion with my hand to his left hand holding the pillar. I mouthed the words.. "shoot."
   He looked at me like I was insane for a moment... But then he seemed to catch on. He pulled out a small gun. "Bye Sky." He said shooting at his supporting hand. We both fell off the ledge.. The wind blew up my short mop of hair.
         "AAAAAAHHHH!!" Sky shouted. I looked at the tower which was growing bigger and bigger the lower I fell. "SQAISHEY!" Stampy yelled swinging a rope towards me... Using ALL of my adrenaline, I grabbed onto the rope in mid air! Sky tried to grab my foot but I kicked him away.
.......
        I got a birds eye view of him crashing into the ground. His eyes were shut.. But.. No canon. He began to choke. Wheezing. He was still alive! But he had hit so hard that he couldn't catch his breath.... I could almost see the terminal pain in him. He was trying to breath.. But... Couldn't. Stampy was keeping the rope steady with all of his might... "Sky! This is the way it had to be." I said. He was trying to respond.. He couldn't.
    Just then.. A canon fired.
          I was right......

I slid down the rope to the soft green grass. The helicopter came and took Sky away.. Stampy somehow managed his way down. He fell. "Joe! Oh my gosh.. Joeseph! Come on you've got to be okay." I cried. He's still hurt from Squid, isn't he? "Sqaishey... You know what has to be done..." he said. I did know... The gamemakers wanted us to fight. They wanted one of us to die.. Right now. "No... Please.. I.. I can't, Stampy." I whispered. "S-Sqaishey... It's gonna be okay.." he told me. No. It's never going to be okay. "Stampy... We don't have to let them do this to us." I said. "W..What..?" He asked. "There.. Doesn't have to be a winner.. We don't have to be puppets in their game." I said. He seemed to be contemplating. "We're only going together." I said. He nodded.
     "This was from Sky." Stampy said, pulling out a large gun and handing it to me. He pulled out the small gun from before. He pointed it to his head and I pointed the one he gave me at mine. "Together." We both said. "On three?" "One." "Two." "Thr-"
           "STOP!" A voice shouted over the loudspeaker which made both of us jump. "L-ladies and gentlemen! We have our.. 'victors' of the YouTube Hunger Games!!" They shouted. They put emphasis on "victors"..... Instruments of all sorts blared and played what I think was the toreador march... We both put the guns down and just looked at each other.
          "We did it." He said.
--------------------Coming home---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The helicopter landed at the dimly lit train station. I came out about an hour ago and was waiting for Stampy.
God.. I really hope they fixed him up.. He was hurt pretty bad...
He limped out of a metal door. "Hey Sqaishey.." he said. "Hey.. How ya' feeling?" I asked him. "A lot better. Thanks."
He sat beside me and we didn't say anything for 30 minutes until the train showed up. "Train to district 12, all aboard!" The conductor yelled. "District 12? Are they really going by that?" I asked. "I suppose so.. I mean, it was the district where we were 'placed'." Stampy said as we got on. The train was no ordinary train. It was made of... Glass. Heh.. After the whole... Sky thing, I'm probably going to take a bit of a break from the entire glass product for a while. The train had a large shimmering chandelier which reflected off of the new pair of glasses that Stampy was given. There was.. Truly, nothing to say now. "So... How fast do you think we're going?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going. "I'd assume pretty fast..." he said with a sigh.
             That was true, in a nick of time. The train screeched to a stop. "Destination reached." A computer voice said.
Him and I stood in front of the metal train doors.. Outside would be where it all started. Home. But after this.. I knew our lives would change forever.
      For now. We should at least get some time to rest.
"Are you ready?" He asked me with a tap of my shoulder. "...... Ready as I'll ever be." I replied.
                                                                        The metal doors opened.....
The screams and cheers of millions of citizens drained out all other sound. Men in white armor were attempting to control the crowd. The sky was dark. People were going nuts. I looked at Stampy and he looked back at me knowingly thinking the exact same thing as me.
                                                                    "This is not our home."

            CONTINUED IN BOOK 2.