Chapter 34

My presentation was set a week after I was released from the hospital. I didn't want to do it, but it was a requirement for graduation.

I was really nervous about it, I wasn't confident at this point. I mean, damn, I'm in a damn wheelchair and a freaking cripple because of a drunken bastard. But I can't let that get me down. The good thing is that I'm not in not in the coma anymore and that I'm not dead.

But still, I'm in a damn wheelchair and I can't do things for myself

"Are you ready for school honey?" Kurt asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I smiled.

He helped me in my wheelchair and placed my bag on my lap. I rolled out the bedroom and towards the front door. "Grab my phone."

"Okay, let's go. You have a presentation to give," he kissed my cheek and rolled me out.

We got to school and all our friends were standing around our parking spot. I knew I was in for lots of hugs and people crying (Tina and Quinn). It was expected and I wasn't going to complain about all of this, because honestly, I wanted all the attention. I missed all of my friends in my face asking questions about the wedding and different things. Most of all, I missed getting on my teachers nerves in class, especially Mrs. Gilbert in Study Hall.

"Mm, guys let me breathe, I'm fine," I smiled, pushing them away a little.

"We've missed you so much Blaine! We all got free passes to see your presentation," Tina smiled.

"Oh you guys didn't have to do that for me," I smiled, softly.

"We know, we wanted to though," she smiled.

God I love my friends so much. They are so nice to me and they just show so much love me. I'm so lucky to have them in my life as well as Kurt.

***********

"Kurt come on, I have to go to therapy!" I yelled through the house.

I was allowed to leave school after my presentation so I could nap before therapy. My presentation went really well. I hit on key points of marriage equality and how some states are working really hard to make it legal. I think Kurt loved it because it hit so close to home with us being engaged and everything. I was glad I chose that subject to do my paper on.

"Okay, I'm coming stop rushing me," he sighed, walking from the kitchen to the living room to the bedroom and back again.

"I don't want to be late for my first session. The faster we get there the faster I can start physio and the faster I can start feeling below the waist," I said, wheeling to where he was standing at the moment.

"I understand that, but I'm trying to find something," he said pushing pass me.

"What are you looking for that will possibly make me late for my first day of physio?" I asked, turning my chair to face him.

"It was something I got you when you were in the hospital. It was something I got for when you start physio, but now I can't find it." He had started freaking out.

What could it have been? Probably something big and beautiful because we are talking about Kurt Hummel here.

"Can you tell me what it is? I might have seen it."

"It was an outfit. It was some Capri sweatpants and a t-shirt. They both were custom made, they said 'courage love Kurt' and now I have no clue where it is and I really wanted you to have them so you can know to have courage and that I love you," he was close to tears. He really wanted me to have that outfit. And if I'm being perfectly honest right now, I wanted it too.