Chapter 37

PROM NIGHT!!!

It was prom night and to me, it was a bittersweet moment. I was excited to be going to prom with the love of my life, but I wanted to be able to walk in with him and dance with him like I had envisioned for so long.

"Babe are you ready to go?" Kurt asked.

He came in the bedroom in his white tux, looking stunning. "Baby, you are breathtakingly beautiful."

He blushed and fixed my bowtie. "Thank you. You are just drop dead gorgeous."

I blushed and smiled. "Thanks." My smile faded slowly.

"What's wrong? Its prom night," he smiled, sitting on my lap.

"I just wish I could walk in with you," I sighed.

"This is still going to be a great night. All I care about is that you are going to prom with me and that we look hot," he smiled.

I kissed his cheek and smiled. "You're right. I just always thought that I would walk in prom and not roll in, but its okay because this is going to be a great night."

Kurt smiled and kissed me softly.

"Okay, let's go, your mom is at my house waiting for pictures with my dad and Carole," he said, hoping off my lap.

"Okay," I smiled and wheeled towards the front door.

We got to Burt's house and we saw that my mom and Coop were both there.

Burt was the first to greet us. "Happy birthday Kiddo." He smiled and gave Kurt a big hug.

"Thanks Dad," he smiled, hugging him back.

"Happy birthday Kurt," Carole said, giving him a hug too.

"Thanks Carole."

She handed him a box and he opened it. It was a butterfly broach that looked a little old. "It was your mother's. I gave it to her on the day you were born and she loved it so much. I think she would want you to have it. Oh, this is part of you gift as well," Burt said, handing him a smaller box.

He opened that box and tears fell rapidly from his eyes.

"That's your mother's engagement ring. I was going to give it to Blaine when he told me he was going to propose to you, but I wanted to see your reaction when you saw it. Seeing as how you proposed to him as well, he can have it, but it's yours," Burt explained.

I looked at the little box in Kurt's hand and was blown away by how beautiful the ring was. It was a simple silver engagement ring with a beautiful diamond set directly in the middle.

He looked at me and smiled. "Can I?" he asked, holding the box towards me.

"Please," I smiled.

He took the ring he bought me off and placed his mother's ring on my finger. "It's gorgeous," I smiled.

"And it's yours," he smiled and kissed me softly.

"Give me the broach," I said.

He raised an eyebrow but handed it to me. "Sit."

His eyebrow was still raised but he sat anyway. I took the broach and pinned it to his tux jacket. "Perfect." I smiled.

"You both look so handsome," my mom gushed, hugging us both.

"Thanks Mom," I smiled, hugging her back.

"Thanks Mrs. Anderson," Kurt said sweetly.

"Okay, pictures!" she smiled.