Chapter 7

When I finally caught up to Kurt, he was standing by the passenger side of his Navigator with an impatient look on his face.

"You just did that on purpose," he scowled when I got to the car and unlocked the doors.

I rolled my eyes at him and slid in, starting the car immediately. The radio came on with 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce playing at full blast. Kurt slid in the car next to me and slouched down in the seat. "Seatbelt."

**************

"Hey Kiddo," Burt said when we walked in his room. He was apparently in a good mood, maybe he was going to be relased soon.

Kurt ran to his father and gave him a big hug and kiss. "Hey Dad!"

"Hi Burt," I smiled, walking over to his bed.

"You're in a good mood Dad," Kurt said, with a big smile on his face. "Will you be coming home soon?"

"In a few days, I had a prostate exam eariler and they are waiting for the results to come back," Burt said, nonchalantly. That made Kurt's smile fade into a deep frown. "Don't worry buddy, everything is going to be okay."

"I hate seeing you like this Dad," Kurt began crying.

"I know, but just think, I'll be home in a few days," Burt smiled, wiping a few tears from his son's face.

"And when you do, Blaine and I will be there to help you eat healthy. Isn't that right Blainey-Boo?" he said looking at me.

Whoa!! We never discussed this whole 'healthy eating' thing with Burt. I was all for the whole going home thing, even though we didn't discuss that either, but healthy eating? Didn't I just have a bomb ass bacon sandwich this morning? My fiancé is trying to kill me.

"Yeah, you're right Kurtsie-Poo," I forced a smile.

"Say it like you mean it honey," he smiled at me.

I gave him a look. "Yeah, we'll be there."

"You boys don't have to do that," Burt said, interrupting our exchange.

"See Kurt, Burt wants me to eat bacon," I laughed.

Kurt gave me his 'bitch please' mixed with his death glare look. "No Blaine, no bacon for you for a while. No questions asked."

"Okay," I said looking down. Kurt was scary when he really wanted something and I knew he could easily beat my ass.

"So how are your papers going boys?" Burt asked, changing the subject.

"We are well ahead of our English class. I think I have at lease six of my twelve sources done and Blaine has..." Kurt said, looking at me.

"I have seven done. I've written I think two pages and Kurt has written three and a half," I said, looking intensely at them both.

 "That's good. How far is Finn on his?"

"Um, he's close to us. We've been helping him when we all have free time," Kurt smiled.

We continued talking about good times and school until it was time for us to leave.

"Okay boys, visiting hours are over. When Carole gets done with her shift she'll be up," the nurse, who I believe was named Paula, told us.

"Okay, bye Dad, we'll be back first thing," Kurt smiled, kissing his father on the cheek.

"Bye kiddo, see you both in the morning," Burt smiled.

"Bye Burt," I smiled, as we left the hospital room.

When we left the room, Kurt grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. It was good that Kurt got to see his father today. He needed to see him and see that he was okay and was going to be okay.