Chapter 3: Day of the Burial

Lunar POV

"Come on, lil Lune, you can do it. Take it slow and steady.” Dad said as I ride the bike.

“And our little girl did it! What a fast learner! Come on, cheer with dad.” He said when I got off the bike cheering, I could hear myself laughing as he hoisted me up and down.

“Honey, Lune, snacks are ready!” I heard mom called us as dad carried me and go for a run towards mom, a smile drawn on her lips.

“Luki's already fallen asleep, love.” She told dad when we got close, I could hear dad saying something, but his voice went muffled that I couldn't hear him.

“Lil Lune… Lune… Lunar… Lunar… Lunar wake up…” the voices transitioned from dad's to mom's then a familiar one and my eyes flew open after.

“Thank goodness, you finally woke up. Tomorrow's the beginning of the term, are you ready?” Aria hovered over me smiling, I noticed she's wearing a long-sleeved pencil dress with a see-through neckline and sleeves. A little hat on her braided hair and the entire attire was all black. When I finally propped myself, I saw she was wearing a one-inch-high heels. She looks gorgeous with this get up…

“What's the occasion?” I wondered.

“Uhm, did you forget your mom's burial?” She looked at me with a raised brow.

“Was that today?” I asked and she nodded.

Saturday morning yesterday, I was informed that they've retrieved mom's body the night before. Arrangements has been made for her burial after that and in the afternoon, they sent my mom's body for a one night funeral. Apparently, she has many acquaintances here.

Having mixed emotions about what I've discovered about my life the day before, I decided not to attend the funeral. I spent the rest of my day moping beside my brother in the hospital yesterday. Kinda pathetic, but there was really nothing I could do… Aria occasionally accompanied me yesterday, up until now, she didn't ask questions about what happened, and I'm grateful for that.

“This is your dress, shoes, we're leaving in 30 minutes so change into those already. You'll look beautiful with it.” She said, shoving the dress in my arms before she pushed me to the bathroom.

I took a quick bath and absently wore the dress after. I saw myself in the full-length mirror in the bathroom. It's a sleeveless dress, a little wavy on its edge, and was below the knee long. It was a very simple dress with a sort of sparkly fabric, yet it felt quite uncomfortable. After drying my hair, I braided some of it on both sides near my face. Luki always preferred it this way, says it brings out my face.

“You look so pretty, Lunar.” Aria said when I left the bathroom.

“Are the half-inch shoes comfortable enough? Do they fit well? Or do you need-”

“No Aria it's fine, the shoes are fine thanks… just…” I hesitated.

“What is it?” She asked.

“This dress shows a bit more skin, don't you have a shawl or something?” I asked and she giggled.

“Oh hold on…” she said as she rummaged through her closet.

“Will this do?” She asked, holding a black see-through shawl.

“See-through?”

“I like thin shawls, so yeah…” she said as I eventually settled for it.

“You should wear a bit of makeup, you look a little pale.” She said.

“It's ok, a little lip gloss and a bit of powder will do. I can't have my face running of ruined makeup from crying, right?" I joked, smiling at her.