Chapter Seven- "For once, your brother was right."

"What's up, Ricky? Did I do something?" I ask, nervous.
"No, not at all!" he interjects quickly.
"Then what is it? By the way, can you help me bring these bags up?"
"Yeah, of course!" We manage to get everything hauled up to my room, and in it.
"Can I take you somewhere?"
"Most definitely, Ricky!" He takes my hand and pulls me out the deck doors by the kitchen, and out by the water, and sits down on the dock overlooking the ocean. I sit beside him, and look out as the sun sets.
"What did you want to tell me, hun?" I ask, placing my chin on his shoulder, and looking up at him.
"Well, I heard the conversation between you and Connor outside..."

My heart begins to race. I really hope Connor was right, and he does like me. Connor's not usually the best with these things. I mean, in most situations, I'll put up with it, and get through it, but first of all, I'm living with Ricky for the WHOLE summer, and things could get really awkward. Secondly, I don't feel like I can get over him. He's sweet, funny, and gorgeous. My god, if he's not perfect, he's pretty damn close.

Ricky puts his hand on my back and pulls me closer, and starts rubbing it.
"Rachel, for once," he chuckles, "your brother was right."
"Wait, really?" He nods, and turns to face me and his lip curves up slightly into a smile. I bite my lip and grin.
"Rachel, you're so freaking cute."
"Nah, you are." I look into his chocolate brown eyes. He leans in, and our foreheads are touching. His soft, warm lips meet mine gently, kissing me softly, but sweetly.

"RACHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" I hear Connor sing. "RACHEL'S GOT A BOOOOOOOOOYFRIENDDDD! RACHEL'S GOT A BOOOYFRIEEEEND!" I hear after he gets to the door.

Ricky and I pull away from each other, and I lean my head on Ricky's shoulder, facing Connor. Ricky shakes his head, smiling.

This is obviously my favorite chapter so far =] Hope you're liking it! :D

-Rachel c;